PDA

View Full Version : Panicking all day!

Kenyangirl
24-01-14, 06:02
Greetings from Africa,

I've been having panic attacks since I was 29 years old, soon after moving to Africa. It has been a nightmare. I've been admitted in hospital twice and undergone several tests which ruled out any medical problems.

I realized I don't really have a problem but began to self-medicate (xanax) because I felt that the doctors out here didn't really understand my situation and because it's very easy to buy such drugs over the counter out here. It got to a point where I was suffering back to back panic attacks all day long I could not function.

I have since stopped taking the medication as it was actually making me worse. Nowadays I still suffer from panic attacks whenever I'm about to sleep, when I drive and the day after I drink alcohol. I believe there are specific things that trigger my attacks and I'm trying to cope in these situations. I feel better but I truly hope this is a temporary thing.

My biggest fear is to have to live like this for the rest of my life. Will this ever end?

Antonio2301
24-01-14, 07:21
:welcome: Kenyangirl

Yes of course It will end but you need to cut the alcohol .There are so many people Ive met who suffer with anxiety and panic attacks yet they seem to think alcohol is the way out ? You're only making your problems far worse .

I used to drink a fair bit until I saw the light and packed that up 7 years ago . I used to suffer with the worst panic attacks Ive ever experienced the following day after I had been drinking . Trust me , knock the drink on the head like I did and if you can`t you really need to address that problem before you will overcome your anxiety and panic disorder . I still suffer with panic attacks/anxiety but not as bad as I did years ago

We all know that alcohol is a depressant and you're feeding your anxiety and panic attacks. You know what the trigger is Kenyangirl and I don`t mean this to sound hard on you so once you eliminate the drink from your life then you're on the way to recovery

Hope you get the help you need and welcome to NMP , I`m sure you will find plenty of help on the site :yesyes:

Antonio