PDA

View Full Version : Anxious because I wasn't anxious?????

looking4answers
18-11-06, 03:08
Got up today flung myself out of bed drove to the grocery actually looking at the scenery and kept thinking how come im not anxious?I moved on went to the grocery..no shortness of breath ,no weird effects of the lights on me ,no panic..normal heartbeat and bought the store out so to speak..Enjoyed being out and getting exercise and then went to another store that I usually always get nervous in.ckecking my pulse still nothing.. went to a drive thru where they are always so slow and makes me generally nervous to sit and wait behind the car..checked my pulse still nothing..no nervousness or anxiety ..looked around town drove back home and even drove the six miles around the back..It all seemed like it used to be ..nothing no anxiety or fast pulse or anything.Came home and drug the groceries in and eat really fast..was starving and even ate a couple of small caked donuts.. Checked my pulse.. and well .Is this a bad thing?I know the heart attack is just waiting for the right moment to strike or something.. But it doesn't seem that I can even get frightened about that.Everytime a thought pops in my head about something negative something positive that i have read here or heard somewhere replaces it.. Whats up with this..is something bad going to happen because I haven't been on guard or is it just been a day like the normal ones that i used to have and things might be looking up?

PaladinX
18-11-06, 07:26
I feel your pain. I really do. On days i feel good i get even more worried. Like the calm before the storm. Its almost like when i feel good, I consider that feeling abnormal. Like i cant even enjoy or indulge in it, because I feel like something is around the corner, dont get too comfortable. Be on the alert. Sometimes ill even think. wtf is wrong with me why do i feel so good today?

yorkylover
18-11-06, 16:30
Hi there I had a day like you yesterday,it was a pretty good day,and You expect something to happen,or you expect to start feeling ill,because to us normal is being bloody anxious all the time.[}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)]

Ellen XX

happyone
19-11-06, 14:16
Hi,
I felt like that a couple of weeks ago. I was pretty calm inside and then I started to panic because I was so calm. I couldn't figure it out until I went to the doc and she wrote me a linefor work. She made it clear that she thought it would be quite a while until I returned to work and my next lione would be for a month. I think that I was worried if I was too ok then she would make me go back to work, which although I felt ok, I am nowhere near ready for that.
Make any sense? Now that I have taken the work anxiety away, I am able to concentrate more on trying to get better.
Happyone

Hexia
19-11-06, 20:47
I know the feeling, I do this too sometimes.
But I think the real problem is that we are so used to feeling anxious, this is what we know, so that is what we feel safe in.
I know this sounds crazy as we all hate our anxiety, but the same thing applies to battered wives, for instance.
They hate their situation, but they are too scared to go somewhere safe.

So no, it's not a bad thing, it's a GREAT thing. Nothing bad is going to happen to you. You will have more and more great days like this, and eventually, the great days will be more plentiful than the bad days.

Congratulations on you great day, remember that next time you feel really bad.

"You can't yell loud enough to make me shut up."

expecto patronum
20-11-06, 12:39
I get this too, its almost like the anxiety is normally such a big part of your day that when you don't feel it - even though you know you should just be glad- this leaves you with a kind of 'anxiety vacuum' that has to be filled by another negative emotion, so you just end up feeling weird or depressed.