PDA

View Full Version : How do you know?

PaladinX
18-11-06, 07:33
Ive been reading this forum for some time. And i have to admit it is very helpful and reassuring. but sometimes I almost feel like its too reasuring. Its like no matter what anyone says or feels, its always anxiety related.

My worry is that maybe i do have anxiety but what if its not all anxiety. What if the way i feel is being caused by something else and then anxiety is thrown on top of that. And even if it were all anxiety, what happens when we get older and get real medical problems. How will we ever know the difference? Sometimes doctors are very wrong, and you have to go by your own instincts. but how can we?

PaladinX
18-11-06, 07:34
and as im writing this i got a creepy image of this being the last post i write. and then i die tomorrow.. I guess i do have anxiety :-\

leanne1980
18-11-06, 07:42
hiya

i also think the same, i asked the dr this and he said " u will just know" not much help i guess but thats what he said

leanne x

i just wanna feel normal

Hexia
18-11-06, 10:51
I think about this too sometimes. But what I try to remember is that I have never seen a post where somebody wrote that they were right. That they did in fact have heart problems, cancer og stuff like that and not just anxiety.
What you see in the postings is that people have different symptomes that eventually go away, thus proving that it was anxiety to begin with.

We are so tuned in to our bodies, I believe that it's true that we do know when it's something more than anxiety.
When ever I get a new symptom that I haven't experienced before, I try not to worry about it and let a day or two pass. If, by then, I feel even slightly worse, I go to the doctors.

"You can't yell loud enough to make me shut up."

net
18-11-06, 21:17
what i discovered was that when i actually did get ill i didnt think about it just went to dr but when i used to worry about every thing that was wrong with me it was anxiety

not sure if that made sense

netty

the dreams of the future are better than the history of the past

looking4answers
19-11-06, 03:38
Well Paladin,

I don't know if it helps or not but i have had all the feelings and worries that you are experiencing since i was a child but until i was 24 didn't know that anyone else had them.I was hopitialized with blackouts ..dehydration causing major organ shutdown and tachocardia...ok im 52 now....and for years I had things mentioned about my heart but ignored it..had to get on with my life and say ..if I die I die...what can you do?I am even having issues again with worrying about dying no matter what is said..But what can you do?Is it living worrying about dying..no..I have to convince myself all the time that Im going to look fear of death in the eye and say do it.. I dont care..But sometimes Im very peaceful and then other days I feel a little panicky..Being 52 ..I have had a good life,but not yet ready to check out..But there was one case of someone dying that thought they had health issues..I saw it on the internet..It was the tombstone of an 87 year old woman ..and It read"SEE I TOLD YOU I WAS SICK" lol.. A little humor there.. Its funny.. the fact I worry sometimes makes sense..and sometimes it doesn't.. My brother died at 44 with a massive cornary .. hidden heart condition.. but that doesn't mean i have the same one..besides he had drank hard fast and heavy for years and don't know what else.so it could have been the drinking..stress,or who knows..I had an aunt that would cover her head when outside and wear sunglasses and on a hot hot day when we rode with her would not let us turn the air on nor open the windows saying that it would hurt her head..Making us all miserable.. She had some weird things about her that she did this and that and always thought something was wrong with her..she died at 95 the oldest member of my aunts and uncles..The others died in their 90's and 80's and even my parents that both suffered with some type of heart ailment died in their late 70's ..and were both really ok with leaving this world..Both had a way with letting you know that.My grandfather used to sit on his porch in the evenings drinking a tadi..and laughing about outliving three doctors that told him he would die if he didn't stop drinking..also he smoked everyday of his life.So genetically speaking I shouldn't worry but still do..My heart doesn't sound right to me..and i can't help but hear it all the time.. I lost alot of weight and well there is no padding anymore so it booms in my ears and in my chest every misbeat..click or anything that doesn't sound perfectly normal so guess thats why I get paranoid..

PaladinX
19-11-06, 07:33
Thanks for your reply . I understand where your coming from. today i had about four skipped beats or whateve rthey are.. who knows .. and it worried the hell out of me. im worried that they are being caused my physical activity

looking4answers
19-11-06, 07:49
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Thanks for your reply . I understand where your coming from. today i had about four skipped beats or whateve rthey are.. who knows .. and it worried the hell out of me. im worried that they are being caused my physical activity

<div align="right">Originally posted by PaladinX - 19 November 2006 : 07:33:09</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Just went outside after eating.. to watch the meteor show.. had three or four that I couldn't even hear in my ears. felt in my chest..Im sure its the gas...from pizza, three small cake donuts and some coffee.. just walked outside and yeah ...think they could be caused by you activity.. I wanted to tell you something that you might not have known..Not trying to be a know it all....but everyone get thems all the time..they are a part of the normal rythem of the heard.. My cardiogist told me years ago.. That they are the natural pacemaker of the heart adjusting the heartbeat for maximum flow.. and very much normal.They gave me batteries of test and he even showed me my heart on a sonar type machine and told me that my heart was strong.. So well I think its because we are all tuned in to our hearts..God I wish i wasn't and am going to try to make every effort not to be anymore..To tell you the truth..years ago when I was fighting this.. I just told myself its a feeling it will go away and i have better things to worry about.Like so many have said before me..when you accept ...and you aren't alone im counting me here.. when you accept they are normal and you remind yourself everytime you feel one that they are completely benign and nothing to worry about you will find that you want have the gases anymore that generate alot of them and will stop feeling them..doesn't mean you could stop having them , you just want feel them anymore.. I didn't for many years.. as a matter of fact for a long time I had acid reflux so bad that I thought I had a volcano in my stomach..it was killing me.. When the stress I was feeling subsided then I quit noticing them .. so it all goes hand and hand I suppose..The funny thing about it is that I posted about what I was feeling earler like the flu.. Our son called from tucson and reminded us about the meteor shower and i was thinking.. Oh great.. thats not what I want to do.. I forced myself even right after eating outside in the freezing cold sitting in the truck with heater on and watching the sky feeling my pulse .. After awhile with missed beats and everything I forgot what I felt earlier.. even after having sharp pains in my heart..the three small cake donuts did that..but well came in so excited from what I had seen and ate two more..lol...Thats ok for now..since I have lost so much weight.. but just wanted to give you an example of how a few minutes spent doing something that I pushed myself to that I didn't want to do.. helped me almost forget the whole day of feeling like crap and although Im not perfect feeling im alot better than I would have been in here sitting posting online..Take care.. and try not to worry..I know its hard..You are talking to a veteran for life..and it will get better and hopefully it will just me a vague memory and one day you will maybe get it again.. and then you may never feel it again.. but hope for the best.. and I woud be willing to bet that you will be here on this planet far longer than I will be...You will live to be a ripe old age..still telling everyone that you are sick when you are in your 90's loll.Just kidding but that is what my doctor told me to expect to still be complaining when i was in my 90's and it made me feel better..