PDA

View Full Version : Panicking -

LunaLiuna
24-01-14, 15:29
Hey everyone,

I've just wrote about this in my diary on here in the misc section, but I was just doing a brain study in my psychology and my teacher mentioned BT!

I'm so scared, help :(

TooMuchToLiveFor
24-01-14, 15:30
Hey Luna- what is BT?

LunaLiuna
24-01-14, 15:32
A brain tu...

Sorry I can't say it :(

WhyWhyWhy
24-01-14, 23:43
Are you ok now? I think it was you that posted about the elastic band and pinging it and telling yourself stop. Did you try that?
Do you ever use another approach of facing the fear head on?

I must add this isn't something I've ever done, thoughts of facing my fears makes me break out into a sweat. Thinking of you xx

LunaLiuna
24-01-14, 23:54
Awweh thank you, I'm a little better now. I find it sooooo hard to face my fears, especially when they come out of nowhere. it doesn't help that I'm quite superstious and see these things as signs.

Thank you for the reply though, it's nice to know someone is there :)

Fishmanpa
24-01-14, 23:57
When I was undergoing treatment, we stayed at Hope Lodge in Baltimore MD. Hope Lodge is a free lodging facility for cancer patients fun by the American Cancer Society. Since we were a 2.5 hour commute, we were given a room there.

Anyway, one of the people we met was a woman who had a brain tumor. She had it for over 5 years and had treatment off and on during that time. She was getting radiation to treat the tumor. We've kept in touch with her and she's doing just fine. Her symptoms...well actually she really had no symptoms other than the effects of the radiation.

That's been my personal experience with a brain tumor. It doesn't have to be all doom and gloom in the minuscule chance it ever happens in your life. The same goes for any cancer or serious illness. It's not a death sentence. Look at me... I was stage IV and I'm doing Ok.

You can spend your life worrying of what "may" happen or you can live you life and deal with things as they come up. I know HA and anxiety disorder makes that extremely difficult but just as you can be healed from serious illness, you can be healed from anxiety. It's all about the treatment ;)

Positive thoughts

WhyWhyWhy
25-01-14, 00:00
Omg I see things as signs, me too. I got into a bad habit of telling myself 'if I see a red car within the next 30 seconds then it's a sign something's gonna happen'
I tell myself 'if I see someone I know now whilst I'm walking down this street then it's a sign that my worries are true'

If there's a programme I'm watching and something in it is similar to my situ, I'll tell myself it's a sign that I'm watching it. Obviously now that I'm sat here feeling rational I KNOW that it's ridiculous however when it happens it envelopes my thoughts. Thinking of you xx

LunaLiuna
25-01-14, 00:10
When I was undergoing treatment, we stayed at Hope Lodge in Baltimore MD. Hope Lodge is a free lodging facility for cancer patients fun by the American Cancer Society. Since we were a 2.5 hour commute, we were given a room there.

Anyway, one of the people we met was a woman who had a brain tumor. She had it for over 5 years and had treatment off and on during that time. She was getting radiation to treat the tumor. We've kept in touch with her and she's doing just fine. Her symptoms...well actually she really had no symptoms other than the effects of the radiation.

That's been my personal experience with a brain tumor. It doesn't have to be all doom and gloom in the minuscule chance it ever happens in your life. The same goes for any cancer or serious illness. It's not a death sentence. Look at me... I was stage IV and I'm doing Ok.

You can spend your life worrying of what "may" happen or you can live you life and deal with things as they come up. I know HA and anxiety disorder makes that extremely difficult but just as you can be healed from serious illness, you can be healed from anxiety. It's all about the treatment ;)

Positive thoughts

Thank you so much Fishmanpa, in truth you echo the rational part in my mind in that post, but there's always that silly niggling thought that distracts me from living fully. And it's horrible. it just makes me think am I living a lie? do I actually have anxiety or is it ....

Thank you again, have a great evening. you've lit a little beacon of hope for me :D

---------- Post added at 00:10 ---------- Previous post was at 00:07 ----------

Omg I see things as signs, me too. I got into a bad habit of telling myself 'if I see a red car within the next 30 seconds then it's a sign something's gonna happen'
I tell myself 'if I see someone I know now whilst I'm walking down this street then it's a sign that my worries are true'

If there's a programme I'm watching and something in it is similar to my situ, I'll tell myself it's a sign that I'm watching it. Obviously now that I'm sat here feeling rational I KNOW that it's ridiculous however when it happens it envelopes my thoughts. Thinking of you xx

I know how you feel, I wrote a post on this a while ago, and I wrote about it in the little diary I keep on here. it's horrible and keeps dragging me back to an anxious mess, it's like my anxiety just doesn't want me too move on :l

Thank you as well, I hope your doing okay :)