PDA

View Full Version : Private MRI Scan Results

Darren1
24-01-14, 16:01
Hi All

My surgery has just phoned me with the results of the private MRI on my neck.

As you all know, I was suffering from Neck pain since May last year and on examination by the doctor he told me that my lymph glands were swollen.

This lead me to google....alot. I drove myself crazy, I went through blood tests, xrays and eventually a head to toe CT scan. It was all clear.

However, I still not happy because I still had this neck pain which was unexplained. I pursued a private MRI scan because I could not let it rest in my mind. I had convinced myself that my glands were swollen because of a melanoma on my leg that had spread right through my body.

I read articles of people with neck pain that eventually found out they had melanoma or other cancer that had spread.

I decided to have the MRI and draw a line in the sand once and for all.

I am pleased to say the MRI report found no abnormalities. No structural or tissue abnormalities, all bones and joints unremarkable.

I feel I finally have some evidence I can use to move on with my life. My doctor discontinued my diazapam two weeks ago but in the lead up to these results what is most reassuring is that I feel in my heart I started to believe the results would be negative.

I had a bit of a panic yesterday because the clinic told me my results had come through but doctor hadn't yet commented and asked if I wanted to book an appointment. But I stayed calm, and today I have had the best news.

I do not regret having the scan, I have no idea why I went through this period in my life. I am starting physio very soon for the neck pain.

Thanks to all the support on here, nicola, auntmaggie, LE, kate and Joel, fishman and everyone i haven't mentioned. I hope i've helped support a few on the way too.

I never want to go back down this road again and certainly am keeping off google!!!

robin321
24-01-14, 18:01
Congrat's Darren! I hope you can find some peace now, and move on. Good for you for doing it!

nomorepanic
24-01-14, 18:06
Great news Darren - we did think it would be clear didn't we?

Thanks for the acknowledgement in your post as well.

Fishmanpa
24-01-14, 18:07
Really glad to hear this! So now that the results are in I have the right to say.....

TOLD YA SO! ;)

Again... great news and an opportunity to put the Dragon in his cave.

Positive thoughts!

Conkers12
24-01-14, 18:13
Fantastic news :-)

LE
24-01-14, 18:24
Aw Darren I am chuffed to bits or you! Now believe it. Get the physio and enjoyyo life!xx

Worriedwellornot
24-01-14, 18:33
Fantastic news! You can now move on with your life!

Andrash
24-01-14, 20:40
Great news, congrats Darren! :)

unsure_about_this
24-01-14, 20:58
Good news, hope you can relax a little bit more now Darren

Darren1
27-01-14, 14:18
I have FINALLY booked my first physio appointment 11th feb!! keep you all posted!