PDA

View Full Version : thanks

squirrel77
24-01-14, 16:09
Hi guys, since my last post last week I have been to my doctors who was great she really listened to me and reassured me that the physical symptoms of shaking, internal vibrating, eye twitches, hands feet tingling are all signs of anxiety however it is reassuring that in aug 13 my MRI was normal. She perscribed me 10mg citalopram and I have to go back in 2 weeks. She said that it can take weeks to work but to be patient and the physical symptoms in time should pass, I hate my job and was hoping to be made redundant so I could spend time off with my kids and husband for a few months with the payout but I was refused which I feel has made my anxiety worse as I feel pressured into staying- money reasons and job security. Never mind I am trying to stay strong and just pray in a few weeks most of my symptoms will be sorted? The posts on here show lots of different medications so I hope I am on the right ones and dosage? Maybe thats why the doctor wants me back in 2 weeks? Great to read so many stories like mine puts my mind at ease xx

ray52
24-01-14, 17:13
Hi squirrel welcome to the forum I'm on citalopram as well it does take a while to adjust to but it will help in the long term

squirrel77
24-01-14, 17:26
Thanks Ray nice to know, do u know how long it takes to work?

Antonio2301
24-01-14, 18:11
I think it varies with different people squirrel . When I was prescribed these it took about 6 -8 weeks for them to have the full effect , I know of some people it can take less and some as long as 3 months

Ant