PDA

View Full Version : head feels like bowling ball

shereedac
18-11-06, 09:23
Hi there, this is really starting to concern me as i have had it for months. It is like i am carrying a bowling ball around in my head, ears etc. My eyes are funny too like i can see but i can,t see properly as if they are stuck away at back of head.My jaw and gum muscles are that tight. Along with feeling i am going to pass out all the time, this is pretty horrible. Just can,t switch off from this head thing. Am in agony, either mentally or physically.

sheree ritchie

LickeyEndBlues
18-11-06, 11:22
Hi Sheree,

Bottom line....go to the doc and get it checked, but I can relate almost exactly to what you are saying and it sounds pretty much like tension.

For me it wraps around the back of my skull and tightens, I feel restricted in head movement, I hear my pulse around that area and in my ears......it is actually with me as I type!!

I try 400mg Ibubufren (sp?), but when it has really set in, little shifts it. The best relief I have found is trying to think about something else and re focus thoughts...sometimes not easy!! The other relief is massage and with that I mean at the time and as a therapy which is ongoing.

Hope that helps

Iain

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

shereedac
18-11-06, 11:54
Thanks licky end blues. Been to the doctors about a zillion times. Had brain scan and all. Came back clear. it is just hard to imagine anxiety can do this to you.

sheree ritchie

LickeyEndBlues
18-11-06, 13:51
Don't count it out Sheree, I related big time to what you described.

Iain

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

chellebelle
21-11-06, 08:06
Hey Sheree,

I know exactly what you mean when you say "it is just hard to imagine anxiety can do this to you". I have the same kind of terribe head stuff that goes on and even after 4 CT scans in the past 8 years and numerous trips to GP's and even a neurologist I find it hard to accept that anxiety can cause such severe pain and weird sensations. I am often convinced it is all something really serious and life-threatening. At the moment I'm not panicked so I can see that it IS just anxiety. I try really hard to tell myself this all the time. It's not easy though!

"This too, shall pass"