PDA

View Full Version : Diets, Exercise and Anxiety

fedup36
24-01-14, 16:36
Hi All,

I know I say this every week but I do feel like I've turned a bit of a corner this past week.. I seem to of been so busy that I haven't had time for the anxiety... I just compare myself to a year ago where I was housebound, wouldn't drive and walking up the stairs was a mission! I am now driving, working and getting married ah! That brings me on to the next question..

I need to loose about 18lbs for my wedding on the 19th April...
I am only 10st 10lbs at the moment so a curvy 12 but my wedding dress looks amazing when im skinner (I had my fitting after I lost 2 stone from anxiety so was only 8 and half stone)

The issue is I want to get fit, and eat less and healthier but im worried its going to set off my anxiety... I am concerned about exercising incase something happens to my heart and I worry about dieting incase it makes me dizzy..

I wasn't sure if anyone had any recommendations - I have tried yoga in the past but lying down and doing deep breathing can set me off at times :S

I don't want to do any crash diets or anything like that but I would like to be a healthy anxiety free person :) x

LunaLiuna
24-01-14, 16:44
Why not try drinking some shakes in the morning, I use spiranula powder which is full of vitamins, it aids in weight loss and also detoxifys everything :)

I think gluten is a good thing to try and cut down on as well, and sugar!

You don't need to diet though, just try and eat more fruit and veg than anything else (I guest that's dieting but ohwell) ;)

meche
24-01-14, 16:50
Try not to look at it as a diet. 3 healthy meals a day, healthy snacks & exercise. Yoga is a good way to stretch but won't really burn fat. I do a gym/zumba combo - 3-4 nights a week and lots of walking. Try to cut out the things that have caused you to gain weight but treat yourself every now and again - I do..... probably more than I should!!! :) xx

Fishmanpa
24-01-14, 16:52
Why not try drinking some shakes in the morning,

That's a great suggestion. Since my illness, nutrition is very important. I actually had to gain weight so I ate as much as I could BUT.... I second what Luna is saying about shakes.

I have a fruit smoothie every morning with added whey protein and glutamine. It's very healthy and full of vitamins as well as very low calorie. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and helps to jump-start your metabolism. As far as exercise, it's a no brainer that exercise is good for you. Whatever floats your boat from walking to weight training but whatever you do, you have to be consistent.

My fiance' is doing the same thing. I proposed on Christmas. She was THRILLED! She already bought a dress, shoes, a handbag etc. ~lol~ She started walking/jogging again as she wants to be a bit slimmer for the wedding (we don't have a date yet!).

It's great you're feeling better. Keep up the good work!

Positive thoughts

meche
24-01-14, 17:00
Yep - shakes are great! I alternate my days with a solid breakfast & shakes and snack on fruit & nuts till lunchtime if I'm still hungry. Exercise really is the way forward though. I have a huge appetite and still struggle to maintain portion control but the balance seems to be working because I'm active. You need to find something you enjoy doing - for me it's Zumba. I love to dance & it's so much fun! xx

fedup36
25-01-14, 15:29
Thanks for your feedback...
Just did 10 mins of a fitness DVD and guess what I started feeling very woozy and dizzy :(
I've had to turn it off and sit back down...
I'm really disappointed as I had a symptom free day yesterday!!
I have had breakfast and lunch the only thing I think it could be is all I've had to drink today is 2 mugs of decaf tea...

LunaLiuna
25-01-14, 15:35
I think it's important to ease yourself back into exercise, especially after a long period of stress and anxiety.

I know I've only just started exercising again and I've felt like this a couple of times, I was super surprised as I've always been fairly fit, but I've just had to cut back and not push myself as much. You probably should of had a little bit of water beforehand as well.

Keep going though, it will take a little getting use too :)