PDA

View Full Version : New and stressed

Greyx
24-01-14, 16:55
Hello, my name is natalie and i'm 21. I've had depression and anxiety for about 10 years, been through all different kinds of therapy thats helped with my social anxiety but not with the depression and general anxiety. I get periods where i'm ok and i can cope with it but for the past 2 months my depression has been getting to me. I suppose thats why i joined up so i felt like i wasn't alone and could write about it and see other peoples stories.

squirrel77
24-01-14, 17:01
Hi natalie nice to hear from you. I too suffer from anxiety u are not alone and this forum is great on chatting to people with similiar stories x

ray52
24-01-14, 17:05
Hi Natalie and welcome to the site and forum

Deckardblues
24-01-14, 17:14
Funnily enough i started getting depression, well i first recognise it now, as i verging on early teens. I used to get bullied a lot. I look at others peoples stories a lot too. Just makes me realise i am not alone. Just feel like a total basket case sometimes, but a lot of us feel like that i'm sure. Just hang in there. There are days when i dont think i can make it, but we have too.

Greyx
24-01-14, 18:05
Hello all. Deckardblues: I got depression very young, about 9 or 10 I think because I lost my mum at a early age and I got bullied for that and other reasons too. It never really has gone away and I get down a lot thinking that I'll be like this for the rest of my life.

Deckardblues
24-01-14, 19:07
I hope you wont. Just dont leave it untreated. I think i am a basket case like i am, since i am 40, and i just never recognised my symptoms, or even after i overdosed acknowledged i never healed myself.

Greyx
24-01-14, 20:10
I'm trying to get therapy at the moment and I don't want to go on any pills so thats the best I can do about getting it treated.