PDA

View Full Version : Resting heart rate up and down

Bigdale82
24-01-14, 16:57
Hi all, just wonderd if any one has this thing what iv noticed. normally my resting heart rate is about 60-65 from day to day but this last couple of days it's gone up to 75-80, it's happened before every now and then, what could be the reason for this? iv had normal echo, ecgs coming out my ears, bloods everything normal, also had 6 day event monitor, only picked up ectopic beats, sinus tachy and a couple of ventricular couplets, which my doc says is normal and benign so just looking for people that's had the same really. thank u for reading all the best

xBettyBoopx
25-01-14, 03:33
Hi all, just wonderd if any one has this thing what iv noticed. normally my resting heart rate is about 60-65 from day to day but this last couple of days it's gone up to 75-80, it's happened before every now and then, what could be the reason for this? iv had normal echo, ecgs coming out my ears, bloods everything normal, also had 6 day event monitor, only picked up ectopic beats, sinus tachy and a couple of ventricular couplets, which my doc says is normal and benign so just looking for people that's had the same really. thank u for reading all the best

It could be what you eat or how much you've eaten. Could be that you're anxious when you take it sometimes. Could be something that knarked you at work or at home, or a relationship type problem, or basically anything. 75-80 is normal, although you think it's not normal for you as you have had readings of 60-65, you can't take your pulse every minute so you have no idea what it does when you're not reading it. I think my normal is 75-80 but it's gone up to nearly 100 sometimes for no reason that I can think of. Don't worry about it (or try not to):)

saab
28-01-14, 12:17
As mentioned, loads of things can raise the heart rate, especially digestion and anxiety. I don't think the increase is enough to be significant. My pulse goes up from things as simple as getting up from a chair, going upstairs, showering. Even common medicines like cold medicines can affect some people. You have had so many tests that I can't imagine there could be any heart issue that hasn't been spotted.

Tanner40
28-01-14, 12:38
Just the very act of being concerned about your resting heart rate and checking it all of the time can make it spike. Accepting that your heart rate is just fine will keep it normal. Worrying about an automatic body function won't help anything. You're just fine.

Bigdale82
28-01-14, 19:58
thank u all for the replys and im now taling steps to ignor my pulse and just let it get on with what its doin. iv been less anxious about it today, hoping the trend contiues, thank u all very much