PDA

View Full Version : I don't even know if this is a real phobia..

Greyx
24-01-14, 18:01
I don't like aliens and stupidly I watched some horror films about them. Since then I have had a bad fear of being abducted in the night. Its not been every night but when it happens I can't stop thinking about it and I have a really bad feeling of fear and if I wasn't on medication for anxiety then I probably would have full blown panics but I'm able to calm myself down after a bit and I think my medication helps with that.

Just want to know if anyone else has this and is it a real phobia?

LunaLiuna
24-01-14, 18:20
I've had this since I was 7 or 8, I guess it is a phobia. I use to have nightmares constantly of different things related to them. It isn't as bad now but I do get a little anxious from time to time.

But yeah, your not alone :)

Greyx
24-01-14, 18:42
I'm glad I'm not alone :) I've always had a fear of aliens in general but not about being abducted before.

vaughanp99
12-02-14, 12:03
If you are afraid of anything to the point it is causing you severe anxiety and interfering with your life then it is definitely a real phobia. The good news is that phobias are relatively straightforward to treat - the best way is through cognitive behaviour therapy. It involves teaching you techniques to deal with the thoughts when they pop into your head.

Lots of information online

Peter
www.whatcbt.co.uk

bingjam
16-02-14, 11:14
I went through a stage when I was younger about being abducted by aliens...

It got the the point that I was worried about anything abduction me

Every kid loves Santa right???? Well when I was a child, i had to sleep in my older sisters bed every Christmas eve..... wait for it..... in case Santa took me and took me to the north pole whrre I had to work as an elf haha..

I laugh about it now but I was generally petrified

X

Greyx
04-03-14, 20:48
I'm a bit better now that i don't live alone. I had a weird dream about aliens the other day but I ended up punching it :D felt creeped out for a while after that but its funny now