PDA

View Full Version : Hi, im new and worried about laperoscopy

josu
24-01-14, 23:44
Please help, i'm due to have a laperoscopy next week and i am beyond scared. Im crying all the time and i feel sick thinking about leaving my children behind. The GA scares me as i have never had one but more than anything its the fear of the surgeon rupturing something with his instruments and not knowing he has done it. Everything i have read, including the paperwork form the hospital suggests that this is a possibility so i don't even know if i can go through with it. I have some endometreosis symptoms but they are not terrible, more than anything i just want to make sure i don't have cancer. Im worried that i am wanting the laperoscopy to reduce my fears of dying of cancer and in the process i am risking my life by having the procedure, if this makes sense!

WhyWhyWhy
24-01-14, 23:51
I can try and offer you some reassurance. I have a friend who recently had this done, this is a very very common procedure and you will be ok just like she was. You're not risking your life by having the surgery.
Big hugs to you and welcome to the forum. I hope you find some good advice and get some reassurance to make this easier for you. Easy for me to say but do try to not focus on the negative. You do things everyday that carry much more risk then this procedure carried out by highly trained professionals. I've every faith you're gonna be fine just like the thousands of others who have it done too xxx

lolly1971
25-01-14, 14:16
Hi

I had a laparoscopy in 2004, I was at time suffering with health anxiety. I had a hysteroscopy at same time. The op was over and done with very quickly and I was home same day. I did have slight tender abdomen and they fill you with gas :ohmy: so thats not so pleasant after. Honest, its really a very straight forward every day procedure. Im the biggest wimp ever and I honestly was fine. I had a 3 month old baby to look after as well. Message me if you have any more questions x

Annie0904
25-01-14, 14:29
I have had one without any problems at all. You have to remember that they list anything that could possibly go wrong to cover themselves but the chances of anything going wrong is very very rare.
It will be over with before you know it and you will be back home soon after.