PDA

View Full Version : Floating to town!

LunaLiuna
25-01-14, 17:52
Alohaa everyone :)

Just thought I'd post here to say I'm going to brave my Agoraphobia and Social Anxiety, and walk into town and back with my dog, I've had a pretty good day so far, although my parents just started arguing which has got me down a bit as usual, but yeah.

I do go out at night for a jog sometimes, but there's never usually anyone around in the places i walk so this is going to be a pretty big test, I just feel like when I am feeling positive I need to make a little more progress than a usual negative day!

I guess I'm just posting because I'm a little excited :yahoo:

Phuzella
25-01-14, 17:55
Nice to have you dog for company :yesyes:

EllyW
25-01-14, 18:11
you go girl!!! x

Tanner40
25-01-14, 18:18
Waybto go, Luna. I hope the walk does greatnthings for you. That's the whole deal. Build one step upon another. What kind of dog do you have? I have three.

EllyW
25-01-14, 18:27
Animals help a lot, especially if depression kicks in. I have a dog, 4 cats and lots of rescue hens. I echo comment above - tell us about your dog :)

TooMuchToLiveFor
25-01-14, 18:43
Luna- I LOVE what you said about making progress when you are in a positive place.....good for you for not just being satisfied with it being a "good" day- you are going to make it a GREAT DAY!

LunaLiuna
25-01-14, 18:51
Woooooo I did it! :D

I almost got all the way home without no problems, I braved going along a main road, past a busy pub and through town. But something had to happen!

My dog (who's actually my mums but she never walks it) came off the lead and ran down the middle of the main road just as I was coming out of the busy part of town!

I'm soooo glad I'm home.

She's a chihuahua crossed between a chinese crested, I have a little gecko though but I can't walk him ;)

---------- Post added at 18:51 ---------- Previous post was at 18:45 ----------

I swear these things can only happen to me hahahah :doh:

cloudbusting
25-01-14, 19:12
You should get a tiny lead for your gecko !
Well done, honey x

MRS STRESS ED
25-01-14, 19:23
Thats a huge step keep it up your doing so well xx:D

LunaLiuna
25-01-14, 19:26
Thank you everyone, I might try and make this a daily thing now as it really wasn't that bad. I might not take the dog though ;)

I think eventually once I get used to going in busy places at night I'll move to focusing on daytime :)

Fishmanpa
25-01-14, 20:32
Thank you everyone, I might try and make this a daily thing now as it really wasn't that bad. I might not take the dog though ;)

I think eventually once I get used to going in busy places at night I'll move to focusing on daytime :)

Good going! If ya want I'll lend you my cat for a walk. He likes to go out and I assure you he's a lot mellower ~lol~

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/524482_4459883019557_827432991_n.jpg

Positive thoughts

LunaLiuna
25-01-14, 20:35
Oh my, I'm going to sound stupid here... is that actually your cat?

He looks a little scary, almost like he's trained to guard your house or something haha :)

Fishmanpa
25-01-14, 21:18
Oh my, I'm going to sound stupid here... is that actually your cat?

He looks a little scary, almost like he's trained to guard your house or something haha :)

Yep... that's our "Socrates". He's a Pixie Bob. A big boy too. Pixie Bobs are descended from Red Coastal Bobcat and domestic breeding. Although there are no markers for wildcat, they have many tendencies and habits that lend themselves to being wild. He looks wild right off. He has a primordial pouch that a bobcat has, doesn't meow as much as chirp and bark. He loves water, plays fetch, goes for a walk, loves riding in the car. It's kinda like having a dog in cat's clothes but not nearly as labor intensive. That's something to actually Google. There are a couple of breeders in Britain I believe.

Positive thoughts

LunaLiuna
25-01-14, 21:28
Great name! I thought he looked quite big, I've always wanted a savannah cat, but just never got round too properly looking around for one :)

AnxietySufferer
26-01-14, 09:21
YAY that's great to hear :D deffo inspired me anyway! Glad to hear that you are doing a bit better :) well done for getting to town and back!!

LunaLiuna
26-01-14, 10:40
YAY that's great to hear :D deffo inspired me anyway! Glad to hear that you are doing a bit better :) well done for getting to town and back!!

Thank you, you've made my day saying that I inspired you :D

Have an amazing day!

LunaLiuna
26-01-14, 12:32
Walking itself helps me with anxiety, it allows me to "burn off" those anxious thoughts and clears my mind completely. I don't think I'd survive without walking my dog daily. :)
Also it is good for you. Maybe when you're too anxious to go into town just go for a walk in a quiet place if something is bothering you?

I always make sure I go for a walk/jog at least once a day, and yeah I usually just go down a country lane where there is usually no one, but I decided to push myself last night :)

Tessar
26-01-14, 12:59
awwww fishmanpa: your cat is really beautiful.....