PDA

View Full Version : Im new here, struggling with my anxiety and panic

kim22
25-01-14, 18:05
Hi everyone. Im just looking for people the same or similar to me. I had a break down 2 years ago, since then i dont go out alone, i haven't left my home town, to scared and as soon as i attempt to i always have major panic attacks! :ohmy: i am on tabs and beta-blockers, nothing seems to help and i feel alone! x

Sam100322
25-01-14, 18:11
Hi there Kim, I am suffering the same, I struggle to go out I feel much better if I'm with someone but can just manage to go out by myself if it's close to my house it really sucks as I use to be so outgoing. I'm on meds and beta blockers to help. X

EllyW
25-01-14, 18:14
Lots of people on here feel like this, you aren't alone. But you will get better, I promise you. Welcome to the forum and use it - it helped me so much x

Gemlouise
25-01-14, 18:18
Hi Kim,sorry to hear your not feeling great!! Few months ago I felt the same luckily beta blockers helped me so much and I'm almost weaned of them (side effects wasn't great :( ) have you had any therapy?? My way of coping was forcing myself to do things like pick kids up from school,goin shopping in the places that previously had scared the hell out of me!!! I know this is easier said than done :( hope you feel better soon.xx

kim22
25-01-14, 18:19
Hi Sam, thats exactly like me, i just about manage to get my daughter to nursery but even thats a struggle, i was the same, so out going always with friends, now i do nothing apart from what i have too. i just want to be normal and take my daughter on holiday and days out. I also wish i had some company with somebody like your self. Thank you Elly :-) x

Tanner40
25-01-14, 18:20
Welcome to NMP, Kim. You've come to a great place. There are many folks on here that will totally understand where you're coming from. Agoraphobia is a tough one. Are you doing any type of therapy to help?

kim22
25-01-14, 18:23
Hi Gem i had IAPT therapy, did help alot but i had all the session they could offer and am still this way :-( i am waiting to hear from the community mental health team! I am on 40mg of citalopram and 10mg of beta blocker as and when i want it! x

Gemlouise
25-01-14, 19:54
Well hopefully the mental health team will help you!! I was on 120mg a day of beta blockers and have weaned down to 10mg was horrible doing it but had to be done the side effects were terrible.do u feel your gp could help maybe add/change medication?? Private message me anytime if you need to talk :) xx

Foremosthoney
25-01-14, 20:12
Hi Kim, I'm new here too and suffer from anxiety. Recently I've struggled to go out alone too, scared of being judged by everyone I walk past. I too find it much easier to go out with someone else. Hope this board really helps you (and me too) x x

kim22
25-01-14, 20:39
Thanks Gem :-) xx

Foremosthoney, i've private messaged you huni :-) xx

Peter66
25-01-14, 21:27
:blush: Hi Kim, I am like you in the fact I cannot go out alone, I have become totally house bound since October last year and I am waiting to see a psychologist. I have tried to cut my caffeine out and have to admit two days later I feel somewhat calmer. I am also trying opening my front door for a few minutes a day and will eventually try to go on the door step, taking things one small step at a time. I can fully understand your frustration at not going anywhere with your daughter, it will happen eventually as your daughter is no doubt your focus to get back to the way you were once before. I hope you feel comforted and surrounded by people who understand you here?

Cú Chulainn
26-01-14, 22:24
Hi
Welcome to NO MORE PANIC
Hope you find it as much help as I have.
Have you or your GP ever considered maybe switching meds if it hasn't had the desired effect.

Antonio2301
26-01-14, 22:41
:welcome: Kim

Yes agoraphobia is tough one ! with daily tasks and small steps everyday ,you can and will overcome this . I myself have been a sufferer for many years but have been free of agoraphobia now for 18 months . I`m still not 100% outdoors on foot but doing pretty well as I was housebound for years .

As you see you are not alone and there`s many people with agoraphobia on nmp
Remember though small steps everyday Kim . You can overcome this ..It might not feel like it right now but you will !! :bighug1:

Antonio

kim22
27-01-14, 09:50
Thank you everybody :bighug1: xx