PDA

View Full Version : Stomach AGAIN

jillyb
25-01-14, 20:03
Now been on esomeprazole for three weeks. Got quite excited at first as it seemed to be working but now it's not. Everyone says it's because I am in a terrible anxiety state, so what chance do they have if working. I can't believe this, of course. I had to take my husband for an endoscopy on Wednesday (he wasn't concerned at all! he had a hernia repair some years ago) but it was an awful ordeal for me as I am so medical phobic and was hyperventilating just walking through the hospital. Since then my stomach has been worse than ever. Acidy, nausea, bloating, pains all over the place etc etc. The stomach burn isn't quite so bad. Can this really be anxiety linked? I am just so scared. Really worrying about eating, but anything is setting it off. This is my third acid inhibitor in 7 weeks and each one seemed to work for a couple of days only. Is my anxiety causing all this? So very fed up. I've had a year of acute HA. Any comments would really be appreciated. I feel very alone in my anxiety. Thanks. PS have been taking the odd 2mg diazepam but it's not helping.

ColourODarkness
25-01-14, 22:05
Sounds like anxiety to me!~

I get the exact same symptoms when I'm having an anxious day, my chest becomes constantly tight with trapped wind from the bloating and I get stomach cramps whenever I eat anything. It'll pass, don't worry, try to de-stress yourself and don't take too many meds :)