PDA

View Full Version : New Here, Long Term Sufferer

Foremosthoney
25-01-14, 20:07
Hello everyone,

I'm new here and just looking for some support from people that actually understand me. I have suffered depression for more than a decade and more recently post natal depression, extremely low self esteem, social anxiety and borderline psychotic outbursts.

I've had a very traumatic past year or so, so all of my previous symptoms have worsened and new ones emerged. Most of the time I don't feel worthy in this world, or to anyone, even my 10 month old son. I had a prosperous career but have experienced terrible misfortune over the last couple of years and found myself single, career-less, unloved and just generally worthless.

I don't drink, smoke or take drugs. I've been on 5 different medications over the years and none have worked. I receive counselling every Monday, but I'm yet to feel the benefit.

Hope I can get some support here. My family just don't understand and often maker feel worse by shouting at me or telling me they don't want to know how low I am. My friends, I do not want to burden them with my woes any more than I already do :(

diane07
25-01-14, 20:14
A huge warm :welcome: to NMP.

You'll receive lots of advice here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Check out the articles on the left for advice and post on the forum for support.

Best Wishes

Di x

TooMuchToLiveFor
25-01-14, 20:15
Hello, new friend. :)

This site is full of wonderful, caring people, and I hope we can be a part of what will be a road to wholeness and recovery for you!

Welcome!

MrAndy
25-01-14, 20:25
Hello ,you won't get shouted at on here
Welcome aboard :)