PDA

View Full Version : New To Forum.

Loulou37
26-01-14, 09:10
Hi All, so pleased to have finally found somewhere that I can finally speak openly to people that understand how I feel.

I am a 37 year old woman and have been suffering with severe anxiety since I was a child. I had always just struggled through and had several serious episodes. One such made me decide that I needed to take serious action and sought help through my GP and private healthcare where I saw a phsychiatrist who diagnosed GAD and OCD.

I started with sertraline and had to stop within a few days as it just didn't work for me at all. I have not taken any medication since apart from diazipam which I was just taking to get through the night, but recently had to a take during day as well.

I had a serious health scare over Christmas and it has seems to have spiralled me out of control. Everything that I think about seems to enable me to find something catastrophic in it, I'm going to get fired, I'm going to die, I'm going to lose everything etc etc. You know, the constant "what if's, yes yes But what if". It's exhausting and my partner bless him is trying very hard, but just doesn't understand. I am on the very long list for therapy (currently it takes up to six months) and am going back to GP tomorrow as I think the time has come to look at other medication.

Really looking forward to hearing from you all and hope the forum can help me to feel that I'm not on my own and I'm going to be ok xxxx

Deckardblues
26-01-14, 09:53
There are a lot of us who are going through what your going through. This site is a release valve for a lot of us, and to know we are not alone. Xmas was a very bad time for me too. Just know your not alone, and share as much or as little as you want too, but I know suffer from what they call 'Catastrophy theory' if that's the phrase. Seeing the worst in everything. Its hard to break out of it. But hang in there. There has to be a way forward.

Loulou37
26-01-14, 10:01
Thanks For the welcome Deckardblues. Am definitely going to start using the site more. Feel better just from your post, had convinced myself that no one was going to reply :)

ray52
26-01-14, 11:14
Hi Loulou and welcome to the forum your find a lot of friends and info here

Loulou37
26-01-14, 11:32
Hi Ray, thanks so much. I am so relieved,to have found this site. Everyone is being so kind.

lolly1971
26-01-14, 12:57
Hi Lou Lou, welcome to the forum. Im new too. Feel free to PM me, all in same boat with this blooming anxiety x

Antonio2301
26-01-14, 13:16
:welcome: LouLou :D

Select
26-01-14, 13:58
:welcome: hi loulou brilliant site loads of help here and you will find a lot of people in the same boat as you good luck and you are never alone

Kernowjo
26-01-14, 16:16
Hi Loulou, Welcome to the site....i'm new too ...we can all do it together here! x

josu
26-01-14, 16:59
Hi Loulou, I'm new too!! I have only just realised that I suffer from anxiety or OCD. I always new that I was scared of dying but since having children it has become a daily fear. I go through stages where it is literally all I can think about. I'm going through a particular bad patch just now due to a looming operation on Wednesday, I have convinced myself that I have a couple more days with my children and then I wont see them again. I feel sick! So believe me, I know how you feel :weep: xx

Cú Chulainn
26-01-14, 22:18
Hi
Welcome to NO MORE PANIC
Hope you find it as much help as I have.
If you not looking to try any more medication maybe you could ask your GP to refer you for CBT.