PDA

View Full Version : Ocd cheating thoughts

Lyndz1
26-01-14, 11:43
I have been having these thoughts since i was 15 weeks pregnant and i am now 39 weeks. I've got it in my head my husband isnt the father of my baby even though i havent slept with anyone else. Around the time our baby was conceived we were out drinking a couple of times together. One of the times we were really drunk was our weddin night!!! I keep thinking what if i cheated whilst being really drunk and not remember. I am terrified and cant seem to enjoy these last few weeks. I am convinced i have had sex with someone and blacked it out. Please help. These thoughts only started after my dating scan. I love my husband so much and i just want to enjoy our baby together

Bonnibelle
26-01-14, 14:53
I'm sorry you still feel like this.

I think you need to read a book on OCD that covers relationship OCD type thoughts. It's very common and I think it'll help.

Also you need to stop seeking reassurance. I don't mean that nasty as I do it at times too but I'm realising now that it feeds the OCD. No one can reassure you because it'll help for 5 minutes but then your thoughts and fears return.

I know it's made your pregnancy tough and probably not very enjoyable but you can continue to think like this as it'll destroy your life and relationship.

I'd talk to your husband and your gp about your OCD. It's the OCD that's the issue here, not that you could have cheated. Of course you haven't, it's highly unlikely anyway. Alcohol can make us do stupid things but you'd remember sleeping with someone else. You need to get tough with your OCD and let the thoughts be there but not attach emotions to them, no seeking reassurance as it feeds the thoughts and the cycle continues. I've learnt all of this recently.

There are some great books on OCD and if you google Dr Penzal, he has great articles on OCD.

Good luck for the birth. Try to enjoy ever minute of your baby because trust me they're soon 12 and giving you cheek ;)