PDA

View Full Version : Ugh, The beast that is Anxiety

lolly1971
26-01-14, 12:49
My mind decided to tell me this morning that I couldnt swallow. I have talked myself out of it. Does anyone else get this symptom when feeling anxious? Im sick of it :( x

WhyWhyWhy
26-01-14, 13:12
YES! Last Saturday I was particularly low. I started feeling over anxious over nothing and then came the feeling that I couldn't swallow, when I finally did it felt like a golf ball in my throat. I was think swallowing over and over for lumps THEN later in the evening which is my best time I was 'ok' I could swallow and there was no lump

Many years ago I had months of swallowing obsessing over it. I never knew about anxiety then. I was just convinced I had something wrong. Remind yourself over n over it's JUST THE ANXIETY XXXX

lolly1971
26-01-14, 13:15
Im glad its not just me, I think the description of golf ball is very accurate.

Im ok now, I havent had this for about 10 years! Ive just started Sert and on day 5, and seems to be bringing me some awful anxieties.

I have taken 5mg diazepam as really need to get a bloody grip of it. Health anxiety and GAD were were what I was diagnosed with initially many years ago. I think perhaps the new drug is just making me feel panicky. I havent been able to eat since taking the Sertraline which isnt helping me, weight loss be nice, but obv not healthy! xxx