PDA

View Full Version : Drinking

Cammy
26-01-14, 14:06
I'm just curious, normally something has to trigger anxiety. Can drinking create anxiety disorder?

bluetopazgirl
26-01-14, 14:56
I cant really be of much help but I have been an anxiety suffer nearly all my life (im mid 20s) but only recently been a HA. I am only an occasional drinker probably once or twice a year and usually its only 1 or 2 drinks but if I have a night where I go out and drink and even start to get tipsy it will bring on a panic attack - no idea why but it happens a lot to me to the point I have to stop at 2 otherwise I can feel one coming on. could be all in my head but just thought id comment on my experience.

Cammy
26-01-14, 14:59
See I can relate to that, but only recently have I been worried about my hangovers. They can make me very anxious, but over time it can get quite bad that drinking itself an bring a panic.

Fishmanpa
26-01-14, 15:29
Cammy,

It's a no brainer. Alcohol is a depressant. Drinking can and will increase anxiety. It's really a no no, especially if you're on meds.

If you have anxiety, the best thing you can do is not drink or smoke.

Positive thoughts

RoseEve
26-01-14, 15:40
The first time I had a panic attack was from smoking marijuana and I stupidly smoked it again after that I noticed a significant increase in my anxiety since the second episode. I don't think alcohol or drugs can create a disorder but I think it can make it a lot worse. Now I don't smoke or drink. It doesn't make you feel good in the long run.