PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram fears

jillyb
26-01-14, 16:40
As many of you know I have been having a bad time with HA. The current one is my awful stomach problems which I can't believe is anxiety. Still got burning sternum, pains in tummy and to the right etc etc. despite being on ppi's. Anyway, today I decided to collect the citalopram that the doctor wants me to try. I have never taken anti depressants and have a real pill phobia. I am incredibly scared to take them and would really appreciate your help. I have read such horror stories. My OH says that I cannot begin to tell if my stomach is anxiety related until I give them a go and, quite frankly, he's at his wits end with me. I can't go on like this anymore. I really have had enough of feeling so stressed, low and anxious all the time. Every symptom is making me very obsessive and I am scared each time that it's serious plus terrified of doctors, tests etc. basically I am a mess! Thanks x

Feel very nauseous too but don't know if that's the acid or anxiety. I'm on esomeprazole but think I'm going to stop it and just hope it's not an ulcer and going to burst.

Pomchi
26-01-14, 17:56
Hi Jillyb,

I am exactly the same as you! I was prescribed anti depressants over 2 weeks ago and they are still in the drawer. The thing that scares me is the extra long list of side effects that are shown on the attached leaflet! Think they scare me more than the HA!
I am also terrified of doctors, tests, results etc but am scared not to go to doctors in case I miss something! Aaargghhh!
I am seriously thinking about taking my first tablet tomorrow. Maybe we should start together and can check in about our symptoms :)

jillyb
26-01-14, 18:12
Not sure if I am feeling that brave! My daughter is due to give birth and I don't want to feel even worse than I do! I am very anxious about the birth as last time my daughter ended up in an induced coma, not expected to pull through, with severe preeclampsia. They have monitored her well this time so hopefully all will be well. I think she is incredibly brave to have another, but she didn't want her daughter to be an only child. My daughter has obviously not got my genes! Thank goodness as I wouldn't wish this awful anxiety on anyone. Good luck if you start the pills x

Pomchi
26-01-14, 18:18
Oh that's great news. I wish my son would get a move on and give me my first grandchild, I had to get a puppy in the end as fed up with waiting! I;m sure she will be fine.
If you decide to start them at a later date let me know, congratulations in advance :D

hangingbasket
26-01-14, 21:20
With all those things that you're feeling right now.. stomach pains, burning, nausea etc, you are not going to feel any worse for taking a tablet that in the longer term, will make you feel better!

The thing you need to ask yourself, is would you rather feel how you do right at this moment in time for another 6 months, a year, two years.. or would you rather feel crappy for two weeks and then start to feel better?

Citalopram saved me! No exaggaration! I literally couldnt function before I began them. I've been taking 20mg since last May. They wont cure you.. but if you think of your anxiety as a REALLY loud radio, that you cant hear anything else over. Too loud to be comfortable with. What the citalopram will do, is turn the volume down to a more comfortable level.

Try them. What's the worst that could happen?