PDA

View Full Version : Thought jump?

LunaLiuna
26-01-14, 17:39
Helloo everyone,

I didn't really know what to call this, I just wanted to know if anyone's experienced it :)

Basically it's only happened 3 times before, but I thought it was deja vu, but after today's one I don't think it is. each of the times it's happened I've been focused on something without thinking anything (the first two times I was on my tablet, today I was watching football) and then my attention gets brought back to the room and I almost feel overwhelmed? I get like a flush of warmth and I start panicking, It's a similar feeling to deja vu, but because I panic I get caught up in the weird feeling for a couple of secounds.

it's like a jump because of a sudden on rush of thought.

Sorry if i didn't describe it the best!

Thank you :D

Phuzella
26-01-14, 17:56
Maybe a little adrenaline surge?

LunaLiuna
26-01-14, 18:02
Maybe a little adrenaline surge?

Possibly, I guess that could be why I panic and sustain it. Each time it's happened I have been a little stressed before hand so maybe.

Phuzella
26-01-14, 18:07
I have found the adrenaline sometimes just pops up for no particular reason, I usually tell it thanks but I'm OK and it can stand down. :)

LunaLiuna
26-01-14, 18:46
I have found the adrenaline sometimes just pops up for no particular reason, I usually tell it thanks but I'm OK and it can stand down. :)

Yeah, this seems to be in a pattern though, so I'm not sure :l

---------- Post added at 18:46 ---------- Previous post was at 18:25 ----------

This is what happens in order:

I was fully focused on the TV
A family member tried to get my attention
I flipped my attention to what was going on in the room
I then got a warm flush type feeling
Panic
Weird thoughts
Panic
Then I distract myself

Phuzella
26-01-14, 18:57
Yes I know exactly what you mean. You were fully focused on the TV, therefore not focused on panic or anxiety. So they pop up to remind you that they're still around. With me, this happened a lot and I couldn't relax at all, but gradually things improved. Very hard to explain lol

LunaLiuna
26-01-14, 19:13
Yes I know exactly what you mean. You were fully focused on the TV, therefore not focused on panic or anxiety. So they pop up to remind you that they're still around. With me, this happened a lot and I couldn't relax at all, but gradually things improved. Very hard to explain lol

Thank you, and yes it is very hard hahah, it's just the weird thoughts that confuse me. ohwell :)

Phuzella
26-01-14, 19:25
Oh yeah the old weird thoughts can be scary, but it does get easier. :)

LunaLiuna
26-01-14, 19:44
Oh yeah the old weird thoughts can be scary, but it does get easier. :)

It's annoying, because as soon as I make progress something always seems to come up that makes me question everything I've done. thank you again :)

Rennie1989
26-01-14, 22:52
Can't really explain it better than saying it's anxiety. Our mind can jump from scenarios and memories in a split second. You have to recognise when it happens and train your mind to stop and concentrate on something else.

LunaLiuna
26-01-14, 22:57
Can't really explain it better than saying it's anxiety. Our mind can jump from scenarios and memories in a split second. You have to recognise when it happens and train your mind to stop and concentrate on something else.

Thank you Rennie, you know how the anxious mind works though, there's always that silly what if!

Rennie1989
26-01-14, 23:10
I get them as much as anyone else and know how counter productive the thought is. My thought is to cross that bridge when you get there. My husband and I have moved to a different county and I'm worrying about the prospect of not affording a mortgage, I can worry about it all night but what does it benefit? Nothing. So I'll put it to the back of my mind and concentrate on the here and now, because that's not for another year or so. I also have OCD traits and worry about not locking doors and turning switches off, I've learnt to check once only, yes I get anxious afterwards but I'm learning to trust my judgement more, because the anxiety won't kill me or harm me, you let it do it's worse.

LunaLiuna
26-01-14, 23:17
I get them as much as anyone else and know how counter productive the thought is. My thought is to cross that bridge when you get there. My husband and I have moved to a different county and I'm worrying about the prospect of not affording a mortgage, I can worry about it all night but what does it benefit? Nothing. So I'll put it to the back of my mind and concentrate on the here and now, because that's not for another year or so. I also have OCD traits and worry about not locking doors and turning switches off, I've learnt to check once only, yes I get anxious afterwards but I'm learning to trust my judgement more, because the anxiety won't kill me or harm me, you let it do it's worse.

I understand, I think it's because I've been making a lot of progress lately and my dragon is starving a little and trying to get my attention.
It just seems to be these random happenings that are keeping me back.

I hope all goes well with the move! :)