PDA

View Full Version : Worried about Lung problem

AnxietySufferer
27-01-14, 01:43
Hi, I have noticed that my left rib cage is more swollen than my right side, I have been finding it hard to breathe recently AND assumed it was due to anxiety. I also keep getting a dry mouth like I am really thirsty as well as getting some rib pain (which I had thought could be due to IBS) but now I am thinking, what if it's lung related? My left side is definitely more swollen than my right.

LunaLiuna
27-01-14, 10:36
May I ask how you know it's definitely more swollen? I can't see how you could tell.

The other symptoms you listed can all be attributed to anxiety, I've even had them before, and they are explained on the symptoms page :)

AnxietySufferer
27-01-14, 12:48
It sticks out a lot more than my right side and it looks as though it's swollen as though something is pushing my rib cage out which I have never noticed before :( I wish I could stop worrying, the doctor listens to my lung about 2 months ago but didn't look at the sticky out bit or anything

LunaLiuna
27-01-14, 12:53
I would imagine if something was managing to push your rib cage out, you would be in A LOT of pain. Are you sure you may not just be looking at it funny?

I know when I use to look into my mouth I would always find something weird, but the thing is it had always been there, I had just never looked in that spot, unfortunately our anxious minds love playing tricks on us. I get tricked all the time, you just have to laugh it off to be honest, I know that's what my parents do when I ask them to check something for me :)

Fishmanpa
27-01-14, 13:03
LunaL is correct. The mind definitely can play tricks on the eyes. There were examples of people thinking their one hand was wasting away or one side of their stomach was growing way bigger than the other yet the scale showed no difference in weight. These are physiological impossible yet they fully believed it. I'm not denying you're seeing this, I just question whether or not a medical professional would notice or be concerned.

The symptoms you describe are anxiety related and the fact your doctor checked you out points it to anxiety as well. If he saw something that would have been considered abnormal, he certainly would have addressed it if he felt it needed to be addressed.

Positive thoughts

AnxietySufferer
28-01-14, 22:42
Thanks guys :) I'm still really really worried about this though, you can see it really well when I'm led down, it's almost like a really big lump on one side, I don't know what organ is located there? It is sticking out loads though :(