PDA

View Full Version : Blood tests

suzy1984
19-11-06, 12:26
Hi
Was just wondering if any one has any tips or ideas about how to relax a bit before and when having blood taken, i have to go on tuesday & am dreading it, i get myself in such a tizzy & faint everytime i have it done, feel sick now just thinking bout it. i try 2 breath properly but seem to forget how to do it then i just pass out! was just wondering what other people do to calm themselves?
Thanks
Love & hugs
suzy xxx

tony
19-11-06, 13:41
just look away,i use to hate them,but i had that many i got use to it :)

metal,rock, and hardcore music is my life!

manmoor
19-11-06, 15:19
Hi Suzy,

I agree with Tony hun just look away. I always talk nonsense to the nurse to take my mind off it too. Be thinking of you on Tuesday.xx

Take Care

Mandyxx

nomorepanic
19-11-06, 17:53
Ask them to let you lay down

That will stop you fainting

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

yorkylover
19-11-06, 22:00
Hi suzy,I get the same.I used to have to go to hospital for mine,they told me to tell my dr surgery about the panic attacks.And now I have them there.I always tell the receptionists that I get panic attacks,and If I feel one coming on they let me go and lie down in a room.They take the blood while Im laying down.If you explain they are really help full.In the hospital I used to tell them and they used to let me go first.

Ellen XX

syl
20-11-06, 07:46
Hi Suzy
I am the same just the site of the needle and i faint .
I once saw a different nurse to have blood taken and was telling her so i didnt end up on floor and she said oh hang on
she left the room and came back a few seconds later with a paper bag in her hand and she said right start breathing in and out of this bag for a few minutes and look out the window by the time i had done it she had taken the blood without me knowing so now i always take a paper bag with me if i have to have blood taken
good luck for tuesday

keef737
24-11-06, 02:32
Hello Susy
My experience was a suprise I went for a blood test 4 of them
i was worried about panics, my bones, my heart falling out and broken,
heart attacks lung cancer going dizzy not going dizzy making a will
phoning up half the world, I went into into my docter, - and he panicked !!!! half the day I was wobbly well what next ????????
well I went into the nurse to have a blood test and she said (a bit nervous ) "you have to excuse me I suffer from panic attacks" I thought
????? and then we had a long chat ! ( I waited for her tea break)
:) keith