PDA

View Full Version : Quick dizzy spurts that feel like I'm falling for a second

anxious_thoughts
27-01-14, 04:52
It's a weird sensation, it's almost like it starts in my stomach and goes up to my head. It feels like when your stomach jumps from being on a rollarcoaster. Although it moves from my stomach and I feel it all the way up to my head. And seconds after I get this dizzy feeling for a second. It happened twice tonight in a span of 3 hours. Kind of worried, I've felt this before but not so often :(

---------- Post added at 23:52 ---------- Previous post was at 23:51 ----------

I'm thinking it's some sort of head rush, I literally just felt it again typing this :(

ryangreen
27-01-14, 05:09
I get this ALL THE TIME no idea what is causing it either

anxious_thoughts
27-01-14, 05:11
Hello Ryan, glad to see I'm not the only one. I'm really hoping it's just anxiety :(

fedup36
27-01-14, 07:33
Hi Jenn, yes get this allll the time! Sometimes 15-20 times a day!! X

mrdave92
27-01-14, 11:04
I also get these all the time. I have a huge fear of brain tumours as I get a lot of head pains too but the doctors I've seen have all put it down to anxiety.

fruity
27-01-14, 12:47
count me in.

anxious_thoughts
27-01-14, 15:36
Hello fedup, mrdave, and fruity. Thank you all for replying!

I'm sorry to see that you guys are all going through this too. And mr.dave I'm the exact same as you. Head pains for many many years :(

Does anyone know what causes this? I wasn't anxious or anything when it happened although I was anxious hours before as I was home alone.

fedup36
27-01-14, 16:51
Mine hit me at completely random times!!

Apparently its due to excess energy in the brain from being stressed/anxious..

I think we have to remember that even though we don't feel anxious it takes weeks of not being anxious for it to really effect us...

Mine get so bad at times that it feels like my hands are being electrocuted and they go all tingly alongside the dizzy zap!

mandie
27-01-14, 21:48
Hi

Iv been getting this for years, ever since my anx started. Even when I think Im not anx it happens

mandie x

RoseEve
28-01-14, 03:14
I get this too even when I'm laying down but I actually enjoy it it's like a rush. Definately anxiety though I get it when I'm really stressed. I also get this falling down feeling but it centers in my chest that one I don't like because I know I'm seconds away from a panic attack. Anyway try not to fret it's a normal part of anxiety.

Lifetime panic
17-08-14, 07:59
Finally found this site and this awful feeling that has terrified me each time I have had a bout of anxiety/depression. The falling sensation feels so real even though I am not dizzy at all. I am so embarrassed to write this post as it sounds so crazy but when I look at my car outside I 'feel' it is too heavy for the ground. Can this be all down to anxiety? Everyone I know thinks I am calm, reliable unflappable person little do they know what's going on inside me. Does anyone feel this way?

julia
19-08-14, 17:00
Me too!!

scared22
19-08-14, 21:42
I get something similar I think, however mine starts in my head and travels down my body. It gives me a weird feeling in my chest for a second.

JoeGomez17
19-08-14, 21:59
I get this all the time. Especially if I'm in line or queue for something. I get really anxious and then I get this dizzy spell like I'm falling. I chalk it up to anxiety. It sucks though!!!