PDA

View Full Version : Week off work and anxiety

PunkyFish
27-01-14, 11:37
Hello

Im currently off work this week after taking a well earned holiday but since I've finished work on Friday I've been worrying about going back to work next Monday! I'm trying to make the most of this week off work before I return back to work but I just feel so anxious. How am I suppose to enjoy this week if I feel like this?!

Any advice is greatly appreciated. :)

Tanner40
27-01-14, 12:23
Pinky Fish, I think many of us feel this way when we have extended time off, without plans. I know for me, having lots of time off without plans or a schedule can give me more time to focus on my worries and concerns. Trybto plan some activities that you really like to do. Go see a film or plan on reading a book. Go to a museum. Listen to your favorite music. Go to your favorite restaurant. Have you made any plans for the week that you are excited about? I find that helps immensely.

jcd_gad
27-01-14, 13:10
Hi,

I was in the same situation when I went off work. I was a contractor at the time and scared stiff i'd loose my job.

They were very accommodating and welcomed me back after 3 weeks sick leave

PunkyFish
27-01-14, 13:10
Pinky Fish, I think many of us feel this way when we have extended time off, without plans. I know for me, having lots of time off without plans or a schedule can give me more time to focus on my worries and concerns. Trybto plan some activities that you really like to do. Go see a film or plan on reading a book. Go to a museum. Listen to your favorite music. Go to your favorite restaurant. Have you made any plans for the week that you are excited about? I find that helps immensely.

Thanks for the reply. I will try and distract myself. I don't know why I worry so much about my job because I feel like I'm doing ok in the job except for a few things. :)

jcd_gad
27-01-14, 13:19
Oh - one other thing...

Do you have any other colleagues? I hand over my work to other people before I go on leave, update everyone before I leave.

When I return I take the work back on....