PDA

View Full Version : New to Pregabalin, looking for your thoughts

charlotteharris
27-01-14, 12:18
Hi, just looking for some thoughts on what to do about Pregabalin. I have suffered from severe anxiety for a long time and take Paroxetine and Propranolol. I was prescribed Pregabalin a couple of weeks ago at 150ml a day. I don't know how to differentiate between side effects and physical symptoms caused by the anxiety itself. I feel incredibly tired, weak and very shaky. I have had a constant feeling of pressure in my head and some blurred vision. My anxiety is very high and I don't know what to do for the best. I would love to hear any comments. Thanks x

SarahH
28-01-14, 09:36
I would say stick with it for a while...the side effects should pass soon. Take pregabalin on a full belly of food. It helps stop the SE's. Blurred vision and tiredness are quite common SE's...they should pass.

Sarah

hanshan
28-01-14, 12:55
It's hard to say - some of those could be side-effects or hangover anxiety. If you've been suffering from severe anxiety for some time, it won't clear up overnight. Stick with it. You can increase the dose of pregabalin up to 600 mg per day, if you feel that might help.

Good luck! Pregabalin has helped me (but not everyone). I hope it works for you.