PDA

View Full Version : Some excellent reading....

Bonnibelle
27-01-14, 14:49
I recommend anyone suffering with anxiety and in the fear cycle to read At Last a Life, this can be bought on Amazon. Claire Weekes, Self Help for your Nerves and also read this link .....http://nothingworks.weebly.com/

I just wanted to post to say what has helped me understand anxiety and how the cycle continues. All 3 are all you need to help you understand anxiety and how to feel better. :)

Antonio2301
27-01-14, 16:06
A good recommendation Bonnibelle
I myself have read the Claire Weekes books and they have certainly have helped understand all about anxiety .
So yes anyone who hasn't read these , I would also recommend reading them :D

WhyWhyWhy
27-01-14, 17:48
That link... Who wrote that?

I'm half way through. Hoping to have a few hours to myself over the next few days to read it and make full sense of it x

Bonnibelle
27-01-14, 17:50
I'm not sure but it was recommended to me by someone I know who suffers from anxiety. It is a great read.

WhyWhyWhy
27-01-14, 17:56
I've seen it recommended before, I'm looking forward to it. I've read quite a bit. I'll try anything, thanks xxx

Sands
27-01-14, 18:42
It is written by cymraig Chris, he is a member here

cymraig_chris
27-01-14, 19:53
Hi. :)

Thanks for the link

cloudbusting
27-01-14, 20:44
It's bloody amazing, is what it is !

Bonnibelle
29-01-14, 13:10
Thanks Chris, excellent read. It has really helped me. I am struggling with anxiety and awful intrusive thoughts. A member of an anxiety blog I am a member of told me about your article and it has been a great help to me. I just wanted to tell others who may not know about it. I didn't know you were a member here.

jodester
29-01-14, 18:26
Hi,

I'm very new here but interestingly enough am reading both those books recommended and finding them enlightening. I was going to write a separate post so I am glad I have found this one. I am getting ready (whilst in bed recovering) to get up and face the world again with this new approach. I was wondering if anyone has actually tried these methods and recovered from them?
My anxiety is GAD and even when I try and have positive thoughts they hound me in the continuous cycle. I am not sure how we accept when in that blinding state of panic?

Be very interested to hear from anyone who has recovered by Dr Weekes and Paul David's methods.

Thanks

Jo :/

Bonnibelle
29-01-14, 20:25
I know many who have recovered using Paul's method. Just go to his website and you'll see many real life stories. It's exactly how to recover. Read A letter to Myself, that's also the same method. It's really working for me, I'm living my life so much easier so far. I can't believe the places I can go now thanks to Paul's book.

Good luck x