PDA

View Full Version : Worried about liver failure?? HELP!!!!

jazzy14
27-01-14, 18:59
I'm going through a bit of a rough patch right now....I came down with the flu last Sunday (January 19th). I had aches, headache, and a high fever. After about the third day, I started to have anxiety about my fever, so I visited the doctor. She told me that I was recovering from the flu, and gave me an antibiotic as a precautionary measure.

By Friday I was still not feeling much better, and had begun to urinate dark-orange/red in color. I was really freaking out, so I called my PCP again, thinking that I had a UTI. I went in for the urine culture, and got the results today. I have no bladder infection, but a high level of Bilirubin (liver cells?) in my urine. I'm still peeing out dark orange today.

My doctor didn't seem too concerned, she just wants me to go back for another culture in four weeks. But I am really confused and anxious over this whole thing :( I just don't want it to be something more serious. So far my fever has remained normal. Encouraging words would be much appreciated!!

-Jazzy

RoseEve
27-01-14, 20:04
Antibodics and all medication go through your liver. I know for a fact that medication can change your urine. Are you drinking enough water? When I was pregnant I used to get yelled at if my urine was orange because it meant I needed more water.