PDA

View Full Version : Hello

WorrierBecky
19-11-06, 17:35
I'm in such a state

I had such a panic attack on Friday night and I'm still having waves of panicking now

Rang NHS direct who told me to ring out of hours doc who is the Urgent Care centre at the local hosp

my dh took me down there on saturday morning after I survived the night with not much sleep

I was so scared. I don't think I've ever been so scared in my life! I felt like I was going to die. I can't sit down for more than 5 minutes before I have to get up - I feel better doing something. I've been hyperventilating, had diarrhea, was sick. Just feeling like I was going to die, or that something terrible is just about to happen

does anyone understand where I'm coming from?

The Urgent Care doc was very sympathetic but said he couldn't really do anything and that I need to see my GP on Monday. He gave me sleeping tablets to take which I did take last night, but I'm loathe to take them coz I don't have trouble sleeping normally. He said to him it sounded like anxiety depression and I will probably be put back on my anti-d's.

I've been far too anxious recently and have been apologising for everything, even tho it's not been my fault.

I think it's the PND coming back to bite me in the butt - but it doesn't feel quite like that - more anxious, far far far more anxious and I just don't know why

I asked the chemist if I could take some KALMS too just to calm me during the day which I have done

I feel terrible, I really do. I rang my Mum after we came back and she said maybe I should consider councelling too. I don't have anyone to talk to really -but I just bottle things up. Maybe that's why I'm in such a mess now.

I just want it to be Monday

My fingers have been tingling for a few weeks now and I thought it was something really wrong, but having read a few things on the net I realise that it might be to do with anxiety??

Is anyone there?

honeybee3939
19-11-06, 19:09
Hi Becky !

A BIG warm welcome to you, you have come to the right place for help and support, Your certainly not alone. We all understand what you are going through, and hope we can be of some help.

Please take a look at this post it may help:

First Steps:
First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Love

Andrea
xxx

WorrierBecky
19-11-06, 19:17
Thank you for replying

I must say that I've been reading lots in the last hour or two on your wonderful site

It's put me at ease a bit about the pins and needles thing

I have written down all my symptoms to take to the gp tomorrow

thank you

net
19-11-06, 19:24
hi
welcome

i know those symptoms too well
am now having counselling which is helping me to gain some control

netty

the dreams of the future are better than the history of the past

WorrierBecky
19-11-06, 19:26
I want to ask for counselling too

Do you have to wait long for it??

I was more worried about the pins and needles than anything else I think - I was (and still am a bit) worrying that it's something terrible

manmoor
19-11-06, 19:26
Hi Becky,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

honeybee3939
19-11-06, 19:30
Becky

Hope all goes well at the docs tommo, try not to worry about the pins and needles, its very common with anxiety. let us know how your appointment goes.

Pins/needles, tingling
Pins and Needles & Tingling (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1982)
I Hate It !!!!!!!!!!1 (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5745)
pins and needles (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6418)
numbness?? (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6456)
Tingling, scared tumor or stoke? (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6883)
New User - Pressure in head (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6858)
tingling (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7044)

Love

Andrea
xxxx

WorrierBecky
19-11-06, 19:34
Thank you I will let you know what happens

I have read your threads on the pins and needles from your symptoms section (as I said, I've been busy over the last couple of hours)

I do feel so much better tonight compared to this time on Friday when I thought I was going to die[V]

Sue K with 5
19-11-06, 19:38
Hi Becky

welcome to NMP

Im so sorry to hear your having such a rough time. I would suggest you right down your feelings and when you visit the gp tomorrow give him the list and let him digest all the things you have said. It can sometimes be very difficult to express how your feeling when your so confused and your head is all over the place

Good luck for tomorrow

sue

scknight

WorrierBecky
19-11-06, 19:42
I have a list right next to me now that I'm adding to when I remember things

I have put about how I felt during the attack and how I've been feeling over the last few weeks, so hopefully I will get through to the GP without having to rely on speaking through tears[:I]

trac67
19-11-06, 19:57
Hi Becky,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

WorrierBecky
19-11-06, 19:59
Thank you so very much

It's great to know that there is so much help and advice out there[^]

mooks
19-11-06, 20:11
HI Becky

Welcome to the site..its so good to search through...you must ask for help..I have suffered panic and anxiety for 10 yrs on and off from PND...Had a v.bad relapse 2 months ago and have been signed off work....I adnit I really kicked up to my Gp demanded to see a Pyschotherapist as enough is enough...
Good luck at let us know how you get on xx

nomorepanic
19-11-06, 20:31
Hi Becky !

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope you get some great support and advice on here.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

yorkylover
19-11-06, 21:55
Hi, you have come to the right place pet.We all know exactly how you are feeling.It is really scarey.You will get lots of support here.;)

Ellen XX

WorrierBecky
20-11-06, 08:18
I'm here - shaking like a leaf so that I'm not clock watching until 830 when I ring the doctors

I just hope I get an early appointment

I didn't take the sleeping pill last night and even though I didn't sleep well at all I feel more focused about telling the doc all what's happened

I've got a list with it all written down so that I don't forget

Thanks for being here

LickeyEndBlues
20-11-06, 09:38
Hi Becky,

Welcome to NMP, as you are finding out there is lots of information, and support in here. You are not alone here.

I hope you got your GP apponitment sorted this morning, Mondays are often a difficult day to get through.

If you feel the need to talk with someone, try the chatroom. I can give you my MSN if you like.

Take care and a big hug to you.

<center>{{{{{{{{{{Becky}}}}}}}}}}}</center>

Iain

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

lainey
20-11-06, 10:34
Hi Becky

Good luck at the GP'S.
Welcome to the forum, you'll get loads of help and support here.

Take care

Elaine x

Panikki
20-11-06, 11:35
Hi Becky,
sorry you are feeling so rough! I was just wondering how long ago you came off the AD's cos some people experience suffer high levels of anxiety and panic for some months after coming off ... also extreme restlessness...was just wondering if this could be your problem? I'm probably barking up the wrong tree here you may have been on AD's yrs ago ..but thought it was worth a shot as many people think that its their original anxiety panic/depression returning when it's really the turmoil of their bodies still adjusting to no longer having the drugs! Sorry if this is not related to your symptoms ..I hope that you get some help today with from G.P. and hold in there things will get better many of us have been through great states of anxiety/panic that floors us for a while and came out the other side...Take Care Jodiex.

J Baker

WorrierBecky
20-11-06, 14:57
thank you for all your replies

I have posted what happened in the Depression/Anxiety forum thing - is that the right thing to do?

I came off the anti d's in March this year and have been fine for some time, this thing has just recently come on, I'm not sure it's that, but thanks for the input[^]

honeybee3939
20-11-06, 15:04
Hi Becky,

yes thats fine, will take a look at your new post.

Love

Andrea
xxx

rmlamatt
21-11-06, 01:24
Hi Becky..... so sorry you're having a hard time of it. Try and remember you are never alone. When we are in this state of panic we feel we are totally alone, but we really aren't. In fact as you can see some great folks have answered you. If you believe in a higher power then ask for help that way and know you are comforted. Positive thinking, not negative. I know you're probably saying, "she's nuts." But I have 46 years of panic and know it as an old friend now. I wonder sometimes if most of the folks that suffer from panic are women? Sometimes Thyroid plays and important part in our nervous system. Make sure you have that checked especially since you said you were shaky. Think good thoughts and know you are loved.
Rose / rm Lamatt

WorrierBecky
21-11-06, 03:43
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi Becky..... so sorry you're having a hard time of it. Try and remember you are never alone. When we are in this state of panic we feel we are totally alone, but we really aren't. In fact as you can see some great folks have answered you. If you believe in a higher power then ask for help that way and know you are comforted. Positive thinking, not negative. I know you're probably saying, "she's nuts." But I have 46 years of panic and know it as an old friend now. I wonder sometimes if most of the folks that suffer from panic are women? Sometimes Thyroid plays and important part in our nervous system. Make sure you have that checked especially since you said you were shaky. Think good thoughts and know you are loved.
Rose / rm Lamatt

<div align="right">Originally posted by rmlamatt - 21 November 2006 : 01:24:21</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

what a lovely reply Rose - thank you very much indeed

(I have got out of bed as it's 342 am here and I can't get back off to sleep) My daughter woke up earlier on and I haven't been able to get back off. I didn't take the diazepam last night coz I didnt' feel like I needed it. I WILL take one tonight though[^]