PDA

View Full Version : The shakes

mandshere2000
28-01-14, 08:44
Hi
Does anyone get the shakes with anxiety, I get it and it can be terrible
I literally shake from head to toe :weep:then it will just stop just like that
as quick as it came and it nearly always happens when I drop off to sleep
then wake suddenly and is always after between 35-45 minutes of being asleep.
Manda

Rennie1989
28-01-14, 11:02
It is a very common symptom of anxiety, caused by the adrenaline giving muscles extra energy.

jill
28-01-14, 18:00
Hi hun :D

I have had this, as Rennie says, its a very common symptom.

Here is another explanation

Shaking is a result of an activated fight or flight system – an evolutionary tool that's meant to keep you safe in times of danger. During intense anxiety, your body is flooded with adrenaline/epinephrine. Adrenaline is pure energy, and your body shakes as a result.

If you scroll down to the bottom of this page, there are MORE threads on the symptom.

You are not alone.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XXX

jodester
28-01-14, 18:18
Hi Manda,

I'm new here but i get these shakes too and have been terrified with them thinking there was something seriously wrong with me. I too get them on and off and more noticeable at night. They are very scary but knowing what they are does help a little.

jo x

jill
29-01-14, 14:43
Hi hun :D

I was given some tips to try and deal with this symptom...

Knowing and understanding that this symptom, does not last long,
Knowing its adrenalin and I can if I want do something about it..
I can jump up and down, run, anything that will take my heart rate up to rid myself of the adrenalin.

Of course if it happens in bed, you don't want to be running around the bedroom or using the bed as a trampoline:roflmao:

I could only come up with changing the way I thought about the sensation it gave me. I thought about a massage chair, the ones that vibrate. Ooohh I know that sounds silly, but I do believe it helped.

This symptoms does pass in time.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XX