PDA

View Full Version : On my own

Ats666
28-01-14, 08:59
I'm supposed to be on annual leave this week, but I went into work yesterday as I can't cope being off work at home on my own. I'm now sat at home waiting for something bad to happen. Waiting for illness to strike me. I hate being on my own. Does anyone else feel like this? I can't go into work this week, but work is the only place I feel normal and am able to cope :(

Andrash
28-01-14, 09:28
I'm supposed to be on annual leave this week, but I went into work yesterday as I can't cope being off work at home on my own. I'm now sat at home waiting for something bad to happen. Waiting for illness to strike me. I hate being on my own. Does anyone else feel like this? I can't go into work this week, but work is the only place I feel normal and am able to cope :(

Have you tried to contact a friend/girlfriend to go out? If that's not possible (working hours etc)-try running. It's healthy, and it releases hormones that reduce stress.

I hope the weather's not lousy.

Annie0904
28-01-14, 09:30
Try to plan to do things to keep you busy.

WhyWhyWhy
28-01-14, 09:52
If you can, contact friends. Can you go out for the day or even for a few hours, food shopping? Or to visit someone?

I'm getting to the the point where I'm finding being alone unbearable and it's so so so hard. You have my sympathies xxx

HoneyLove
28-01-14, 10:00
I have had days like this during the worst of my anxiety. I even asked other people to stay home from work just so that I'd know there was someone else in the house.

As you work on your anxiety and feel stronger in yourself it will get better. They key is to distract yourself, give yourself some nice things to do, and don't allow yourself to sit and slump into an anxiety mode.

Ats666
28-01-14, 10:23
Thanks for your replies, I'm trying to do housework to keep myself occupied. I'm fed up of feeling like this, sorry that you are all going through it too xx

calmiah
28-01-14, 12:57
Thanks for your replies, I'm trying to do housework to keep myself occupied. I'm fed up of feeling like this, sorry that you are all going through it too xx

I always find getting out in the countryside or nearest park does wonders, just strolling around noticing sounds, colours & smells, anything really to keep you occupied and not focusing on anxiety.

Good luck