PDA

View Full Version : Am i depressed?

fairyclairy
19-11-06, 19:09
Hiya, ive been suffering from emetaphobia and from that, panic attacks and anxiety since i was around 13 yrs old, im now 18. Throughout this time ive had ups and downs but thought i was coping as well as i could be doing in this situation, ive had lots of doctors ask if im depressed but always denied it because ive always thought there would be some sort of stigma if i said i thought i might be, or people around me might think i was wanting sympathy. But im getting really worried because lately ive been feeling really down, i just want to cry all the time and even over the sillyest things! ive been missing uni because ive just wanted to hide away in bed and not face it again, ive even been lying to my family and boyfriend and not telling them im missing lessons because of it etc, because i dont want them to be annoyed or dissapointed in me because im not fighting it. I just cant make myself be happy at the minute.
Im worried i might be depressed and if so, what can i do about it?
Does anyone else have these symptoms and think it could be depression?

Claire x

net
19-11-06, 19:30
thats how i feel when my depression takes over

netty

the dreams of the future are better than the history of the past

yorkylover
19-11-06, 22:17
Hi Claire,you do sound depressed pet.You really need to see your gp.Your family and boyfriend cant support you if they dont know how you are feeling.Im sure they wouldnt be dissapointed in you,they would want to see you happy and well again.Sometimes you cant just fight it,sometimes you need a little help from your gp.;)

Ellen XX

nomorepanic
20-11-06, 17:22
Have a read of this on the website ....

Depression (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=depression)

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

fairyclairy
22-11-06, 17:13
Thankyou for that weblink and everyones comments. I will talk to my CBT therapist the next time i see her and maybe confide in my boyfriend when we have time on our own. I dont want to talk to my mum yet, because shes so pleased with the way iv been dealing with my panic attacks lately, i dont want her to get upset for me again.
The weblink helped alot, thankyou for your support.

Claire x