PDA

View Full Version : Need support to make positive changes

Tracy Dixon
28-01-14, 10:38
Hi everyone! I'm looking to stop smoking, I've smoked 10 ish a day for 18 years, I suffer pretty bad at times with health anxiety but I'm sure smoking attributes to this 90% of the time, my biggest one of course is lung cancer, I do try to tell myself that I'm 33 and for now the chances are slim, I realise how bad smoking is, anyway this aside I would be interested to hear other peoples tips or any advice on how they manage to quit and the improvements it may have had on your health and anxiety.

calmiah
28-01-14, 12:53
I would be interested to hear other peoples tips or any advice on how they manage to quit and the improvements it may have had on your health and anxiety.

Good morning Tracy, I actually gave up smoking before my anxiety kicked in, at times I even thought it may be because I had packed it in:scared15:

I had smoked for 25 years, my partner for 20 years & my mum for about 50 years, we all gave up together and moved across to Electronic Cigarettes, that was over 18 months ago and I have never even felt the slightest pull to have one.

I can honestly say I do feel better, healthier and now with the anxiety its just another problem I don't have to fear which is a positive feeling.

I would suggest doing your research though if going this route as there are many types out there, lots of poor quality too but if you can find a good one then it will no doubt help you quite real fags.. My partner says it helped having someone to do it with too but I didn't really feel that..

Hope this helps in some small way.:blush:

Fishmanpa
28-01-14, 13:26
I smoked for 35 years. Cancer stopped that real quick! I went to the e-cig, cut down the nicotine to 0% and that was it. Haven't had tobacco in 18 months.

Bottom line is smoking can and will cause serious illness. Drinking as well. It's just not prudent for someone suffering from anxiety.

Good luck and positive thoughts

Tracy Dixon
28-01-14, 15:10
Thanks guys! So these e cigs really work? I have looked into them on line, I think this maybe the route I need to take, I just hope I have the will power to power through it, not only do I need to do this for myself but my beautiful children! I have promised myself so many times but tomorrow never comes, I'm just gonna have to take the bull by the horns!