PDA

View Full Version : OCD CONCERN??????????

pips
20-07-04, 12:34
Hi all :)

I am worried that I have an ocd in thinking!

I am always thinking about anxiety pretty much constantly! Unless I am so distracted that it slips my mind for a bit. Then all of a sudden it slips back in again!

Although I try not to act upon it and tell myself it's only a word for goodness sake! I still continue with everyday things etc..It just bugs me that I think about it alot. I feel my brain wants to explode at times! So does this mean I have an OCD or not [?]

I am also afraid I am going to have a panic atack as I haven't had one for 3 months now but I am scared I am due for one! As although I have had really high anxiety days. [Sigh...] Touch wood! It hasen't gone into a full blown P/A!

Does any one else find they dwell and think to much[?]

Any thoughts and advice would be greatfully appreciated! Thanks

Take care All;)

Love PIP'S XX [:X]

kate
20-07-04, 12:43
Hiya Pips,

Yes, I also have anxious thoughts constantly.

I wake up in the morning, and within a few seconds I start worrying about what is happening during the day.

I am even more anxious at the moment cos the kids are on school hols and keep going out and enjoying themselves!

I'm worrying about where they are going, will they be alright etc etc.

Then I'm worrying about going to the health place this afternoon cos I'm having a RELAXING massage and stuff[:O]

Then I'm worrying about the suite being delivered tomorrow, having to fit in a visit to my parents and on and on.

Sorry, haven't got ANY tips on how to cope with this LOL just thought I would let you know you definately aint alone :D

Kate x

pips
20-07-04, 13:05
Thanks Kate,

What are we like hey! worry worry worry! If only we got paid for it we would be millionaires by now! LOL

Enjoy your massage and try not to worry hey!

Take care

Love PIP'S one worrier to another! XX

kate
20-07-04, 13:17
Hi Pips,

Just another thought on this.

I also think that people really don't realise that when you say you are anxious ALL of the time, that you really do mean ALL THE TIME!!

I always try to explain it by saying to them "imagine when you are scared of going somewhere ie the dentists, and the feelings that you get then, and that is how I feel constantly".

Do you feel the same way? [:I]

Kate x

Meg
20-07-04, 15:05
Hi ,

This is not OCD. But it is incredibly annoying and distressing .

OCD is in the neuroses family like anxiety and is often how anxious children present initially.

In the USA you can get labelled OCD for just thoughts but generally about something specific like germs or an an action.

In the UK its usual that we're just neurotic and anxious unless we have compulsions ie taking every nail out of the furniture in the house, spending 30 mins in the shower 6 times a day and it takes over and is hard to live with before we get labelled OCD.

I am always thinking about anxiety pretty much constantly! Unless I am so distracted that it slips my mind for a bit.

This is 'normal' in anxiety terms . Learn to keep up that distraction and then build on your success with changing your thought pattern.
Then slowly it diminishes until you suddenly realize its been a whole day without thinking about it , then a couple of days and slowly it recedes more and more . I've been through this whole process .

I am also afraid I am going to have a panic atack as I haven't had one for 3 months now but I am scared I am due for one! Pip , the reason you have't had one is that you know how to control your symptoms more and understand and have knowledge about what is going on within you from reading on here, never mind any other help you may be getting. This alone will make any panic null and void and keep the panic at bay.

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
Robert Albert Bloch

pips
20-07-04, 17:48
Hi Meg,

Thank you so much for your words of advice. They really help and I feel much more relieved now!

I think the thing I find is that it has become such a habbit to think like this and with any habbit it's easier to carry it on then break it! I know I must practice breaking the anxious thought process though! I realise that even if I think the words anxiety/panic over and over that they will NOT do me any harm!

I have booked my first session with a hypnotherapist today for next week I am very nervous but hopefully it will help! Onwards and upwards hey!

I hope you are well

Thanks again and Take care

Love PIP'S XX

Hi Kate

Yes I understand how you feel. I myself feel scared alot of the time and am unsure why! Probably due to all that worry! Sometimes I don't even know I'm worrying it comes so naturally! So yes I do feel the same unless my mind is distracted or I am busy then I don't find I am so anxious then.

Take care

Love PIP'S XX

kate
20-07-04, 17:51
Hi Pips,

At least we haven't got OCD!!!:D

I've also booked an appointment with a hypnotherapist for next Tuesday morning!

Here's hoping that it helps us both [^]

Kate x

pips
20-07-04, 18:02
Yes thats good hey!

My Hypnotherapy is also on tueday (afternoon though) So I will be thinking of you!

Yes here's hoping it does help us hey! As it isn't cheap is it My session is costing £50 for 1 and a half hours! What is yours costing ?if you don't mind me asking.

Love PIP'S XX

kate
20-07-04, 18:19
Hiya Pips,

Mine is costing £45.00, and he says the session will last 1 and a half to 2 hours, so around the same price then.

He is also sending me a tape to listen to beforehand, so I guess we will both be cured by next Tuesday evening!![8D]

Speak soon

Kate x