PDA

View Full Version : Routine Is Important

Tanner40
28-01-14, 12:13
Good Morning ti everyone. I haven't been on as often due to time spent taking care of my Dad, who is sick. When I realized how little I had been posting on NMP, I stopped to think about all of the tools that are so important to my recovery.

I find that I must strive to keep my routine somewhat normal if I want to continue on the path to recovery. I can't give all of my time and energy to other people. I have to devote time and energy to my recovery process.

I haven't been working on my CBT. I haven't been practicing meditation. I haven't been reading positive books. I haven't been practicing deep breathing. I havent been posting on NMP as often.

What I have been doing is becoming more irritable, feeling a bit more anxious, feeling a bit sorry with myself.

No more of the above. Time to start taking care of myself again. I have to find the time to get back to a semblance of my recovery routine. It's the only way that I continue to feel good. It's the only way that I can take care of myself. And it's the best way that I can take care of others, as well.

I could put all of this on my Dad's illness but the truth is that when I start to feel better, it's easy to let those reovery tools and routine slide. Definitely a change of course is in order. I've got to go backwards to continue going forward.

cpe1978
28-01-14, 12:39
Tanner - I don't post on here that often at the moment but just wanted to say that I think you are amazing. I have been fortunate enough to see your journey and it is quite phenomenal.

I hope it doesn't sound patronising - but well done.

My thoughts are with you and your current challenges.

Tanner40
28-01-14, 12:42
Thanks Chris. That means a lot coming from you. Your posts were always an inspiration to me.