PDA

View Full Version : Oh my god I'm so embarrassed please help

Skye Winter
28-01-14, 12:24
Hiya,
So I was just in the office and as I was walking out of the door one of my co-workers beckoned me over and whispered to me "Your skirt has tucked right up.. Might wanna sort that out" and I realised I'd been walking around with my skirt accidentally tucked up and my bright blue underwear on show and now I'm so so so embarrassed! I've just gone on my lunch break and I am DREADING going back to work!!! Help :-(

How do I deal with this awful embarrassment? I'm pretty sure a lot of people saw because they all sort of held back snickering... Or maybe I'm just paranoid...

:-(

Brunette
28-01-14, 12:32
I'm pretty sure everyone will have forgotten it by the time you get back from lunch.

Would you rather your colleague hadn't told you and you carried on walking about like that all day?!

Skye Winter
28-01-14, 12:36
I guess not xD

I struggle so much with embarrassment! Most people just shrug it off but I can't xD

Thanks for your reply :)

meche
28-01-14, 13:09
I always cope with embarassment with humour. I would probably say something like 'I'm starting a new fashion trend' or 'it's national skirt in knicker day'! Everyone has a laugh, forgets about it and moves on. Or even just admit your embarassment by saying 'god, I can't believe I was walking around like that - how embarassing'! Believe me, it will be forgotten about sooner rather than later. I've done worse things & lived to tell the tale. Big hugs! xx

Spot-the-frog
28-01-14, 13:22
I have done that before at a wedding reception - I just laughed and said 'trust me to tuck my skirt in my knickers!' - inside I was embarrassed for a little while but it was soon forgotten, people have better things to do than remember the incident! Don't worry....

Skye Winter
28-01-14, 14:22
Thanks so much for your replies everyone!
Nobody else has mentioned it so far so I'm happy :)

Really paranoid now, constantly pulling my skirt down haha!

Thanks for your understanding, I know it's a bit silly to panic so much about a tiny embarrassment but it's just something I've never been good at handling... :shrug:

Fishmanpa
28-01-14, 14:45
At least it wasn't toilet paper stuck to your shoe or hanging out of your underwear! ;)

Positive thoughts

Magic
28-01-14, 15:29
I too have the same thing happen to me only I was in a pub.
I did not go back to that pub for ages after.
It was forgotten:)

semper solus
28-01-14, 15:44
Tell your friends at work you are thinking asking if all the staff can do it once a month. And all pay a pound which will go to a chosen charity!

Magic
28-01-14, 15:59
That's a good one semper!

Autumn
29-01-14, 15:41
People will see the humour in it more than anything :D It is something my daughter would do lol - Try to laugh about it and see the humour in it too - xx