PDA

View Full Version : how do you stop yourself from relapsing?

roxy90
28-01-14, 17:26
Hi everyone.

I've decided that enough is finally enough and I will not let this take over my life anymore. Since I've been prescribed some different pain medication my life has improved immeasurably.

My eye and head pains disappeared and I felt me again for the first time. I have not googled nor I have I even worried about a medical condition for nearly a fortnight (massive achievement because I believed I had many life threatening illnesses on a daily basis lol).

So today is the first day since my improvement that the eye/head pains have returned. i'm not sure whether it's related to me forgetting to take my tablet last night.

I feel like this is my first test if you will, the old me would be scurrying on to Google and numbering my remaining days due to a brain aneurysm.

I hacent done this yet (yay) but the thoughts are slowly coming back and I feel like I will start worrying soon.

So any tips for getting past this hurdle?thank you :)

Andrash
28-01-14, 17:29
Hi everyone.

I've decided that enough is finally enough and I will not let this take over my life anymore. Since I've been prescribed some different pain medication my life has improved immeasurably.

My eye and head pains disappeared and I felt me again for the first time. I have not googled nor I have I even worried about a medical condition for nearly a fortnight (massive achievement because I believed I had many life threatening illnesses on a daily basis lol).

So today is the first day since my improvement that the eye/head pains have returned. i'm not sure whether it's related to me forgetting to take my tablet last night.

I feel like this is my first test if you will, the old me would be scurrying on to Google and numbering my remaining days due to a brain aneurysm.

I hacent done this yet (yay) but the thoughts are slowly coming back and I feel like I will start worrying soon.

So any tips for getting past this hurdle?thank you :)

Be as active as you can-go out, run, exercise, structure your time and fill it with various activities, physical and mental alike. So when you come back home/finish with what you're doing you just crawl up to bed and sleep. Believe me, it works.

roxy90
28-01-14, 20:29
It does work :) whilst I was cooking etc I was fine but now I'm just sat here the pains are worse than ever and my aneurysm worry carries on haunting me :(

Fishmanpa
28-01-14, 20:32
Push through it Roxy. Take you pill tonight and you'll be fine in the morning. You know darn well it's nothing serious. You can do this!

Positive thoughts

roxy90
28-01-14, 22:01
I know I can do this! I've surprised myself how well I've done these past few weeks. I've not even trawled Google and I do feel better for it.

Now I wish I could un-read all previous googling and hacew eye/head pain in peace!

Fishmanpa
28-01-14, 22:03
I know I can do this!

You can! If you need some inspiration, go back and read some of your previous posts and see how far you've come. You don't want to go back there I assure you ;)

Keep up the good work!

Positive thoughts

roxy90
29-01-14, 11:11
I've woken up and it is just worse this morning. I thought kt had gone and I was getting better, absolutely gutted. I just feel like I will be like this forever :(