PDA

View Full Version : Is this a real problem?

jared
28-01-14, 18:10
I've developed a cough recently in the past three days and I started taking cold medicine during the day two caplets twice a day. Yesterday I took 1 Tablespoon of cough syrup which contain 500 mg of acetaminophen And then again the same dose last night.

This of course made me drowsy and I woke up this morning with a pounding headache, So I took two Tylenol caplets to solve the headache which was also 500 mg of acetaminophen. Since I took the acetaminophen this morning I have felt increasingly mentally cloudy, disoriented feeling like im in a dream state and all kinds of weird sensations like that my jaw was going to become unusable, Or a strokelike sensation, motor skills are a little tougher like i cant write as well and if i was tryin to sign my name while sleeping. I tried going back to sleep but I can't get back to sleep.

I was reading on Google that severe liver damage Includes mental disorientation. Could it be that I took too much cough medicine and my liver is failing or is this just a side effect of panic -'which - I don't feel like I'm panicking. Help please do I need medical attention or is this a simple explanation? I have no other symptoms.

LunaLiuna
28-01-14, 18:15
I highly doubt you'd be able to severely damage your liver in 3 days, well definately not by taking that amount at least.

I imagine the simple explanation would be you panicking because of what you read, stay away from Google! :)

Andrash
28-01-14, 18:28
Severe liver damage means thirty years of excessive drinking, not taking a couple of pills. You cannot possibly damage your liver severely in three days, unless you were injecting cyanide directly into it and if you'd been doing that you would have been dead. Therefore, no worries-you're fine :)