PDA

View Full Version : Really weird pain

countrygirl
28-01-14, 18:14
Earlier today I laughed at something a friend said and got a weird pain at the top of my chest just under the nobble of your collarbone by your throat on the right hand side. It stopped as soon as I stopped laughing. I then tried a little cough and it happened again as it did when I blew my nose. I then took a quick deep breath in and out and it did it again.

I don't have a sore throat and it doesn't hurt when I breathe normally and I can eat and drink without any pain. I have a low grade ache in the area but the pain only comes on the above movements.

My neck is aching on the right hand side but I have bad arthritis in it so thats not unusual but I can't for the life of me think what on earth this new pain is??

I told my husband who just rolled his eyes and said only you can get something so weird.

I am worrying it is something nasty rather than maybe a musculo/sleketal pain from my neck.

Andrash
28-01-14, 18:33
Earlier today I laughed at something a friend said and got a weird pain at the top of my chest just under the nobble of your collarbone by your throat on the right hand side. It stopped as soon as I stopped laughing. I then tried a little cough and it happened again as it did when I blew my nose. I then took a quick deep breath in and out and it did it again.

I don't have a sore throat and it doesn't hurt when I breathe normally and I can eat and drink without any pain. I have a low grade ache in the area but the pain only comes on the above movements.

My neck is aching on the right hand side but I have bad arthritis in it so thats not unusual but I can't for the life of me think what on earth this new pain is??

I told my husband who just rolled his eyes and said only you can get something so weird.

I am worrying it is something nasty rather than maybe a musculo/sleketal pain from my neck.

What's so nasty about neck pain? I get that every week :)

Btw-musculo/skeletal pain, what a fancy medical expression :D

countrygirl
28-01-14, 19:07
Andrash I was looking for a smiley that had its tongue poked out for you but they don't do one. Your making fun of me but I don't mind.

I have herniated discs and arthritis in all my spine so in pain all the time and I can cope with it as I know what is causing it, its any new pain that triggers my health anxiety and this is a new pain.

My health anxiety is urging me to rush to Drs asap to find out what they think. I am fighting it honest.

Andrash
28-01-14, 19:20
Andrash I was looking for a smiley that had its tongue poked out for you but they don't do one. Your making fun of me but I don't mind.

I have herniated discs and arthritis in all my spine so in pain all the time and I can cope with it as I know what is causing it, its any new pain that triggers my health anxiety and this is a new pain.

My health anxiety is urging me to rush to Drs asap to find out what they think. I am fighting it honest.

My neck pains also come from cervical spine issue (luckily no arthritis), and the pain comes in package of all sorts of weird neck, facial and other sensations (aches, pains, pins and needles and so on). I learned to ignore these symptoms as I always likely know the cause-even the "new" pains and sensations. My HA moved to more insidious, complicated realms long ago-undetectable cancers, MNDs and that kind of things :)

And honestly, I am not making fun of you, I am just trying to make you laugh and relaxed a bit :)

countrygirl
28-01-14, 20:23
You did make me laugh, I was just trying hard to think of a suitable reply to make you laugh but coudn't!

My normal brain tells me its coming from my neck issues that as you say affect all sorts of things, your list is exactly like mine for weird sensations and pains.

I actually think that my spine problems were a big issue in my health anxiety as I get so many pains and sensations and we can all attribute then to something sinister:whistles:

Andrash
28-01-14, 22:20
The same for me-my HA didn't start out of the blue, but with fairly real symptoms that were (it turned out) not so serious at all, but that got me (together with Google, naturally) into this faulty mindset of hypersensitivity and catastrophic thinking. It actually helps to have a real, albeit not serious ailment, so that you can always reassure yourself-ok, this thing is weird, but odds are it's related to...(cervical spine or allergy sinusitis, in my case). :)

I also noticed that my HA is more pronounced when I'm under stress. Several days ago, I received some bad news (my very dear friend was (still is) seriously injured in a car accident) and ALS fear slowly crept back. I'm keeping it under control now, but it was an useful reminder of the long way ahead of us. But we can pass it, and we'll give our best to do so! :)