PDA

View Full Version : Cance of Oeoophagus

Frankie123
28-01-14, 18:22
Occasionally when I eat - about once a week - I get a pain in my oesophagus as the food is going down. If this is only about once a week would this be oesophageal cancer. The thought frightens me very much.

Andrash
28-01-14, 18:26
Occasionally when I eat - about once a week - I get a pain in my oesophagus as the food is going down. If this is only about once a week would this be oesophageal cancer. The thought frightens me very much.

No. If it were oesophageal cancer you would be screaming in pain when you swallow and probably wouldn't be able to swallow solids at all.

It's probably acid reflux-common ailment of anxiety sufferers :) Mention it to your GP at your next appointment-not because it's dangerous (it is not), but to evaluate the need for possible anti-acid meds.

Fishmanpa
28-01-14, 18:36
Cancer of the esophagus and other head and neck cancers typically don't present themselves as you describe.

Most of the time, there are no symptoms or pain until it's advanced and it doesn't just start happening overnight. That being said, what you describe sounds more like an acid problem. A visit to your doctor would affirm that and there are plenty of meds available to help control acid production.

Positive thoughts