PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone

matt00
28-01-14, 21:08
How are you? I'm Matt, I've been suffering from anxiety for over 6 years now, it first started on a flight back from America before our first child was born. Panic attacks were the beginning which I suffered from for about 4 years, it then turned to what I would guess is called general anxiety. Over the past few years I have been struggling with it and also been diagnosed with IBS, been to therapists (seeing one again now) and been on various medications. It has come to the point where I have been off work again for about 4 weeks after I found myself being sick at work before and during shifts as well as issues from IBS. I feel I'm in need of help and support from fellow sufferers as nothing else seems to be working this time and my work are now beginning to look at removing me from my duties.

MRS STRESS ED
28-01-14, 21:21
Hello and welcome Matt you have come to the right place ,there is lot of help and really good advice from like minded people :D

Marty_67
28-01-14, 21:35
Hey Matt. I have suffered with IBS issues in the past, so I know where you are coming from there.

Is work stressing you?

I ended up on Citilopram and that seemed to ease my IBS worries, I do get touches now and again if I am anxious about particular events which is not uncommon apparently.

Just before my latest 'episode', I had a touch of IBS so I think my body was trying to tell me something. Have been on Cit for 5 weeks now and no IBS.

Nice to meet you.

matt00
28-01-14, 21:48
Hi Marty.. Work does have it's stressful moments, I'm defiantly more relaxed at home. I think I over analyse how I'm feeling at work or before work, if I'm having a bad IBS day then I worry much more about it as I often have to go 3-4 hours without easy access to facilities.
It just keeps building and building and before I know it I'm not my normal self.

Daisy-chains
28-01-14, 21:55
Hi Matt00 :welcome:

matt00
28-01-14, 22:02
Hi Mrs Stress ed & daisy-chains, thanks for the welcomes :)

Marty_67
28-01-14, 22:31
Hi Marty.. Work does have it's stressful moments, I'm defiantly more relaxed at home. I think I over analyse how I'm feeling at work or before work, if I'm having a bad IBS day then I worry much more about it as I often have to go 3-4 hours without easy access to facilities.
It just keeps building and building and before I know it I'm not my normal self.

I used to over-analyse everything including work. The cit works for me and has now mostly taken this away after about 5 weeks. Not perfect but much better.

I know what you mean about access to the facilities too.

Have you tried cit? It's not for everyone.

matt00
29-01-14, 12:38
I used to over-analyse everything including work. The cit works for me and has now mostly taken this away after about 5 weeks. Not perfect but much better.

I know what you mean about access to the facilities too.

Have you tried cit? It's not for everyone.

Hi, no I haven't tried that.. I'm off to the work doctors this afternoon so will ask about it and see what he says :)

Marty_67
29-01-14, 12:55
Hi, no I haven't tried that.. I'm off to the work doctors this afternoon so will ask about it and see what he says :)

Check out the Citilopram section at the bottom of the forum homepage, lots of advice in there.

Cit is not an instant remedy, apparently can take 6-8 weeks to calm things down and there are side effects which also apparently calm down.

Let us know how you get on

Marty