PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety meds or no?

Laurr90
29-01-14, 02:38
Right now my anxiety is really bad, it's like everything is the same as it's been the only thing different is now I feel that I have a black cloud looming over myself and my life. I feel so different and not like myself.

I have been unemployed for about two months now, and my finances are running out so it's imperative that I find a job very soon.. but I don't feel confident like I usually do. I see myself failing at whatever I try, and honestly when I think about working, being put under pressure, being around other people who are going to watch and judge me I just want to curl up in the fetal position and cry. My whole life outlook is just so dark and bleak. I feel like I will never get back to how I used to be.

I feel like my anxiety is crippling me. So my question is, would it be wise to get myself started on some anxiety medication just to kind of kick start the process of getting this under control? Eventually the goal is to control it naturally without the aid of medication but right now I feel like I do not have the power to do that.

I just need some advice, and maybe to hear some stories from both sides; those of you who used medication to start the process and those who did it the natural way. Maybe describe some things that helped you get your life back on track, any input would help really.

helena8888
29-01-14, 04:19
Hi Laurr, really feel sorry that you are feeling that way. Please tell yourself there is a light at the end of the tunnel you have to find how to get there. I would not advise you to take or not to take medecine this is a personal choice and I advise you to talk to your doctor. I can just talk about my own experience maybe that would help. When I started to have very high anxiety last august I started with herbal remedies and 5htp. I think my anxiety was too high for these things to work but I tried for almost 2 months until my condition became almost unbearable with non stop adrenalin rush night and day. I decided I could not cope with that anymore, went to the pdoc and he gave me zoloft and asked me to go for CBT. I took the medecine, the first 3 weeks were really really hard. I started to see the light after 4 weeks and at 6 weeks I felt great. I am now out of the meds, I still have ups and down but I can control that with the CBT techniques I learnt and the herbal supplements that were ineffective when I was really bad. So the medecine can help getting you out of a spiraling situation and you don't have to feel bad taking them if you decide to go for them.
6 months ago I thought I would never be able to have a normal life again, travel, work and take care of my family like I used to do. Now I am almost back to where I was before, still not prefect some days are a bit hard but I have learnt to deal with these feeling.
Take care :hugs: