PDA

View Full Version : Woken up with the dreading feeling...

fedup36
29-01-14, 09:16
Hi All,

Just need a bit of support this morning.. I've woken up just feeling rubbish and like something bad will happen today. I haven't felt like this in a while but its just horrible...

I can feel my anxiety brewing and I don't know how to stop it.. I want to go home from work and just crawl into bed and see the day out :(

My neck feels tense and I've got the hot and cold feelings already, its just like im waiting for the dizziness to start and for the panic attack to begin :(

I just want a bit of advice of when you feel like this of how to stop it.. my appetite has completely gone as well but I did manage a bowl of porridge as I know not eating makes it so much worse for me...

calmiah
29-01-14, 10:15
Hi All,

I just want a bit of advice of when you feel like this of how to stop it.. my appetite has completely gone as well but I did manage a bowl of porridge as I know not eating makes it so much worse for me...

Good morning, sorry your feelin that its really not nice. I am no expert but when this happens to me at work I take a break for 3-4 minutes and practice deep breathing where possible even if its in the toilets. Proper deep breaths from abdomen in through nose and slowly out of mouth, if you can focus on the rise and fall off your belly it can help take the mind off worrying thoughts you may have.

I know its not much but maybe worth a try.

Keep smiling:blush:

HoneyLove
29-01-14, 10:30
Fedup that sounds a lot like me when the MAV is playing up, you've described exactly how I feel some days when it's bad.

When it's like this I just take things easy, stay wrapped up warm, make sure I eat and drink enough and stay as relaxed as possible because stress will make it worse. You know that it will pass away again, and you've weathered it before just fine, so trust in your own strength to see it through.

Did you have a bad night's sleep, or were you grinding/clenching a lot last night?

fedup36
29-01-14, 10:47
Funny enough I had an awful nights sleep... Works pretty stressful at the moment but I found out yesterday that I am being given a promotion in May and I was approved for my mortgage! So technically I should of felt relieved and slept wonderfully but I just kept waking up tossing and turning :(

The dizziness has begun now :( Ive noticed my ears keep playing up at the moment and my hearing keeps going quite full and muffled..

Before today though I've felt alright actually and bit more under control since the MAV diagnosis...

How are you getting on?

HoneyLove
29-01-14, 11:39
That's the thing about MAV, it flares up when something triggers it. I often find that a bad night's sleep is a big trigger too, and stress is one of the more obvious triggers, so I guess you have a very good explanation for why you're feeling so bad today.

I forgot to mention that on bad days I often take a Berrocca in the morning, to help boost my energy, it often helps just a little. If you do decide to take one make sure you do it in the morning & not at night or you won't sleep again lol.

Do you find on days like this that you're really hungry too? I often can't eat enough, I crave carbs in particular and have to make sure I stay topped up with food more than usual.

Getting the MAV diagnosis is only the first step, and really it just lends an understanding of what's happening. It's not going to have resolved anything, it's just an explanation of what's going on for you. You should do some reading on it to learn about it a bit more. What did you VRT therapist say about it?

I'm doing OK, my symptoms are kind of very different from day to day at the moment because I've been having a stressful few weeks. Today isn't too bad, but my vision is jumping as I walk and it drives me nutty!

Oh and remember it will take you a long time to wind down from being so stressed, you've been very anxious for a very long time and that will take some work to undo. Keep working on the anxiety and relaxation aspect of things and it will help you a lot.

fedup36
29-01-14, 12:14
Yeah when I think about it I realise why I feel naff.. I still do get a bit scared though of my dizziness but ive started new therapy now which I am hoping will help.

Normally when I get my dizziness I actually loose my appetite!

I have another appointment to see the VRT and ENT together in March where there looking at referring me for physio and so see a Neurologist. They think issues with my neck can be causing it to..

Its just frustrating having to wait and I always debate about seeing an ENT privately but I am not sure if it will really help..

Glad to hear your doing ok x

HoneyLove
29-01-14, 12:25
To be honest I don't think a private ENT would be any more helpful, you've already had a whole run of ENT tests and they didn't show anything. Really with MAV it's the neurologist that you're going to want to see, plus anyone that might help you with your neck & TMJ issues.

Any physical pain in your body can spark off MAV or dizziness, and oddly migraine can sometimes manifest as neck pain. Remember that TMJ can also be a factor in neck pain and MAV, it's important that you get that looked at too. I find when my jaw flares up, so does my neck, they are all connected.

Personally the ENTs I've seen have been no help, but I have my neurologist appointment next month and I am hoping that it will help :)