PDA

View Full Version : help...i want another baby!!

kim22
29-01-14, 10:00
Hi i'm Kim, age 22 nearly 23!

I have a 4 year old daughter and shes off to school in September :weep: shes my world my everything!!

I suffer with major panic attacks and anxiety and depression! I dont leave my home town and never go out alone!!

I really want another baby, ive never wanted one since having my daughter but right now its all i seem to want!!

I had a bad pregnancy was in and out of hospital also pregnancy caused me panic attacks :-(!!

Every time i think about being pregnant, negative thoughts rush in, i start to think when babies in there im not going to like it and i'll just want baby out!! Then i also think i might ( this is taking so much courage to write this) stab my belly!! It scares me that i think that :-( but its quite a strong though everytime i think of pregnancy, them thoughts pop straight into my mind :weep:!!

Im just after peoples opinions off what i should do and has anyone else every experienced this or anything similar!!

Thank you so much, from a very stressed,worried young lady

xx

fruity
29-01-14, 10:07
hello. i had a bad pregnancy with my first child now 7 yo but my second was great now almost 6 yo. and i was in and out of hospital with my first. but my anxiety and panic attacks came on not long after having my second child. but like you i would love a third child but mentaly not ready plus i have no man. so you know. but me personaly i would wait

Rennie1989
29-01-14, 10:11
I think it's beneficial to tackle the panic attacks, or at least get them somewhat under control, before thinking about having another child. It sounds like the previous pregnancy has left a mental scar and it would benefit you, the unborn child and the rest of the family to have that discussed with a counsellor or CBT therapist.

fruity
29-01-14, 14:04
ere,ere. good answear:)

Bonnibelle
29-01-14, 14:11
I would have some kind of therapy before considering a pregnancy. Not that you would be any risk to the child but you should feel better in yourself before going through pregnancy. I have had 3 babies, lost 2 and I know it can be a very anxious time. I couldn't have another baby now, I would love a 4th but I wouldn't put myself through the anxiety. I suffer from intrusive thoughts and I couldn't face having them when pregnant. If I got them under control and felt better then I would of course try for another child.

Cbt can really help the kind of thoughts you are having. I am struggling with them too, and the OCD books and cbt are really helping.