PDA

View Full Version : Long Day Ahead...Sick Kiddo. :(

TooMuchToLiveFor
29-01-14, 16:49
Sigh.
Last night around midnite my little man (who is four) came in and climbed into our bed complaining of a tummy ache. We cuddled him in between the two of us and tried to go back to sleep.

Unfortunately, he proceeded to massively vomit all over our bed. Ugh.

Poor thing continued to throw up all night long..., and needless to say, poor me, as I didn't get to go back to bed.

Today is going to be spent scrubbing, doing gross laundry, and trying to keep my five month old away from my four year old so that she doesn't get sick.

Combination of no sleep, grouchy and restless babies, and the fact that I had to cancel the whole day of plans I had made for the monkeys and myself has me feeling a little depleted and shaky.....however, I need to remember it has nothing to do with my "anxiety disorder".....it has to do with the real facts at hand....and any mama or daddy would be feeling the same.

Looking forward to lots of visiting here at NMP today as we are stuck in the family room with a Curious George marathon going on.......

jill
29-01-14, 17:48
Hi hun :D:hugs:

I think there are lots of mums on hear who know how you feel right now.

I am soo sorry to hear your little man is not well, oohh bless him, I do hope he is feeling better soon.

I can remember it well, having 2 kids under the age of 5, it can be hard at times, but as you said, its nothing to do with anxiety, your tired/shaky. who wouldn't be after not having enough sleep.

Just sit, watch cartoon with them, well that's what I used to do LOL:roflmao:

YOU TAKE CARE :hugs: :flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers:

LOVE JILL XXX

Annie0904
29-01-14, 17:54
Well done you on staying positive :) I hope your little boy gets well soon. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

TooMuchToLiveFor
29-01-14, 18:07
Jill and Annie,
Thank you so much for your sweet words and hugs! It really is the amazing the grace that God gives mommies for situations like this, isn't it? :)

So nice to have my friends on here to keep me company. My little boy is going to be so excited to know that there are lovely people across the world wishing him well! Actually, that gives me an idea of something we can do together as he is boring of television already......we can look up the U.K. and do a little geography lesson on where mommy's friends are.

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

spuder
29-01-14, 21:32
awwwww poor u my little girl who is 10 was sick in asda two weeks ago all over the floor I am emetophobic, its going round at the mo tummy bug

Annie0904
29-01-14, 21:39
That's a lovely idea to do with your son :)

TooMuchToLiveFor
29-01-14, 21:48
Spuder-
Thanks for the note. :) I actually was thinking of my NMP gang when this was all going on in the middle of the night, and how many of you suffer with emetophobia. I was feeling compassion for what you must go through, because that isn't something I deal with, and it was hard enough staying composed, calm and not acting like a "grossed out mommy" without having that phobia to deal with on top of it. :hugs:

Annie- thanks! He is sleeping away very peacefully, but after he wakes up I am thinking a nice warm bath and then some "geography" cuddling on the couch. (LOL- as I am sitting here I just realized.....I am still in my pajamas!!! Well, might as well stay in them at this point. LOL.)

spuder
29-01-14, 22:21
sorry forgot to say hope he is better soon my girl was it lasted around 12 hours then went

Annie0904
29-01-14, 22:22
I am in my pyjamas too but that is because it is 10:20pm here and time for bed :)

---------- Post added at 22:22 ---------- Previous post was at 22:21 ----------

Which state do yo live in?

TooMuchToLiveFor
29-01-14, 22:28
Thanks, Spuder. :) He has been able to hold down a little bread and water, so gonna move to a little applesauce and jello next.

jill
29-01-14, 22:34
Its good to hear your son is holding down some food :yesyes:

It sounds like a 24 hour bug, oohh he will be better in no time, he's got his mummy to look after him, wait on him hand and foot :yesyes:

Give him a big hug from me :bighug1:

YOU take care

LOVE JILL XX

TooMuchToLiveFor
29-01-14, 22:48
Thanks, Jill! :)

Annie- I'm in Kansas. Outside of Kansas City.

LOL--- sooooo-- he wanted to send you back hugs and he likes this one: :bighug1:

He also said you can all come to his five year old birthday party (next October). LOL!!!

jill
29-01-14, 22:55
Oh, how lovely a party :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

:birthday::birthday::birthday::birthday::birthday: :birthday:

:yahoo::emot-partyblower::emot-partyblower::emot-partyblower::emot-partyblower::emot-partyblower::emot-partyblower::emot-partyblower::emot-partyblower::emot-partyblower::emot-partyblower::emot-partyblower:

I wish I could come to his party, but I live to far away.:lac:

Ooh bless him, he sounds sssoooo cute. I love them at that age.

TooMuchToLiveFor
29-01-14, 22:58
Oh, Jill, that post and all the little icons just tickled him so much!

Annie0904
29-01-14, 23:03
Oh I wish I could go to the party. Thank you for the invite and get well soon :) my nephew lived and worked in Kansas for a few year but is back home in UK now. He loved it there.:)

TooMuchToLiveFor
29-01-14, 23:05
You ladies are just so super sweet!

Yes, we love Kansas! It isn't necessarily glitzy or a destination spot, but it is a wonderful place to grow up and raise a family. :)

jill
29-01-14, 23:05
That's good to know, that NMP has icons that can tickle a five year old

:roflmao::roflmao::footy::footy::footy::footy::foo ty::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

TooMuchToLiveFor
29-01-14, 23:09
:shades::shades::shades::noangel::whistles::whistl es::woof:woof:sofa::sofa::sofa::sofa::sofa::sofa:: sofa::sofa::sofa::sofa::ninja::ninja::w00t2::wall: :chairfall::chairfall::emot-highfive::emot-highfive::emot-highfive:

From Colt to his new friends.

Annie0904
29-01-14, 23:14
Thank you Colt, they made me smile :)

---------- Post added at 23:14 ---------- Previous post was at 23:13 ----------

I am going to bed as it is bedtime in England. Night night :)

jill
29-01-14, 23:15
I am sitting hear with a BIG smile on my face. :D:D:D:D:D:D

TooMuchToLiveFor
29-01-14, 23:17
Goodnight, Miss Annie.

Goodnight, sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite.
Love, Colt.

---------- Post added at 17:17 ---------- Previous post was at 17:16 ----------

Me too, Jill. Even sick- kids can be so sweet and cute!

Annie0904
29-01-14, 23:18
Colt you are so sweet :D night night xx

TooMuchToLiveFor
29-01-14, 23:18
You guys have certainly brightened our day!

Daisy Sue
29-01-14, 23:27
Aw bless him :) I hope he's over the worst now, and that no-one else in the household comes down with it. Thankfully, kids seem to bounce back quite quickly after these bugs, so I hope that's the case with your little'un. :)

TooMuchToLiveFor
29-01-14, 23:35
Thank you, Daisy Sue! :)

Tanner40
29-01-14, 23:45
Hey there Too Much, hope the little guy is feeling better. I would have enjoyed a Curious George marathon. My nephew is named George and his grandfather was as well. Curious George was always one of his favorites. Sounds like you made the best of what could have been a really bad day. Way to go!

TooMuchToLiveFor
30-01-14, 00:02
Aw, thanks, Tanner! Yes, what a reminder of "it is what you make it" sometimes. I kept reminding myself of how precious this time was of just being able to love on these sweet babies. It also brought up precious memories of my mom doing the same for me. :)

Tanner40
30-01-14, 00:32
Glad to hear it, Too Much. You must hold a degree in being a great Mom as well as a great Dragon Slayer.

TooMuchToLiveFor
30-01-14, 00:38
:blush: Thank you, Tanner. It's my favorite thing in the world. :D

Annie0904
30-01-14, 20:54
Hi Colt..how are you feeling today? :bighug::bighug::emot-highfive::emot-highfive::emot-highfive::emot-highfive::emot-highfive:

TooMuchToLiveFor
31-01-14, 00:53
I am feeling great, Miss Annie! God healed me fast.
I want to give you a high-5- :emot-highfive:

I got to eat jello today and toast. I wanted candy, but Mommy said no.

(LOL- right from the mouth of babes! Thanks, Annie, for checking on him. You are so sweet!)

Annie0904
31-01-14, 09:55
I am pleased you are feeling better today Colt :D :emot-highfive: back :D