PDA

View Full Version : HELP

Blondiegirl1
29-01-14, 20:06
Hello & Back Again!!

I'm on this roller coaster ride and seem I just can't get off. I have been dealing with this terrible anxiety for over two years now. :weep:
My question is does anyone ever get the feeling they can't breath?? I get this everyday and it throws me into more panic and anxiety for I feel that there is something wrong with me, I'm also sighing and trying to take deep breaths, I have been to the doctors and everything has came up fine that it must be anxiety. I feel like I'm the only one with this and that I'm going to die. I am just so tired of feeling this way, It this a system of anxiety?? If so, How do some of you deal with it?? Please help. I need some reassurance here.

TooMuchToLiveFor
29-01-14, 20:58
Hey Blondie,

Absolutely, yes, this is a big symptom of anxiety--- and you are in good company as MANY friends here battle the same feeling.

Check out this link:
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms/

Also, read the "Panic Attack" and "Anxiety" heading on the left of this page......I do believe this will answer your questions, and if you are able to accept the anxiety is the issue you will be soon on your way to recovery!

Blondiegirl1
29-01-14, 21:52
Thank you for your kind reply. When you are dealing with this anxiety you feel as if you are the only one. I am glad I found this site. I will check out the info you requested. I see that you are from the united states where about are you from. I'm just two hours of Las Vegas Ca.

TooMuchToLiveFor
29-01-14, 22:01
I am right outside Kansas City- on the Kansas side, not Missouri side. (No "Dorothy and Toto" jokes- LOL.)

Yes, it is very easy to feel isolated when battling this. You can check out some of my posts about my journey if you are ever bored and searching through the forums. I have one called "Musings: The Dragon Within" where I have been writing a lot of the thoughts down concerning battling "the dragon of anxiety." You will quickly find that you are far from alone in this journey! :hugs:

Tanner40
29-01-14, 23:52
Too Much is absolutely correct, Blondie. Feeling as if you can't breathe is a hige symptom of anxiety that many people suffer from. The more that you focus on the symptoms, the worse thatbthe symptoms become. Symptoms also change and come and go. You are in very good company here. NMP has helped me immensely.
Part of the trick is to learn how to talk back to our irrational thoughts and to bein to think with a rational voice once again. There is a great CBT class online and it's free. You might want to give it a try.