PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassing Symptom

jo-jo
20-07-04, 12:47
Hi everyone

Sorry to bother you with yet another of my strange but annoying anxiety symptoms but this one has returned and is a bit awkward.

When I first started getting panic/anxiety symptoms I went through a few weeks where on and off I kept feeling that my bladder was full even when it wasn't. This seemed to be worse when I went to bed at night and I'd be up and down to the loo 5 or 6 times in just a few minutes before I ended up getting off to sleep.

Well just over the last few days its started again. I'm wondering if its connected with my partner's search for another job as he had an interview in Windsor yesterday so I went with him to make it a mini-break. I felt a bit anxious (but no panic thank heavens [Yeah!]) on the trip and then after his interview yesterday on the way home we had to keep stopping at motorway service stations for me to take a loo break [:I]. I've pretty well convinced myself that its stress related as this job would mean us moving house (again - already moved 3 times in as many years) which I don't want to do.

Thing is, can I do anything about this feeling as its really annoying and inconvenient as I'm sure you can imagine [?]

Jo xx

grace
20-07-04, 13:08
hi jo,
how you doing?

i dont know but i think it probably is stress related, i have the same sometimes where i feel like im bursting to go and then when i get there its just a trickle...
i dont know what the answer is though, sorry, but i do think its worse the more you think about it.
hope you had a good time in windsor, and well done for not panicking....

xxx grace

its better by far at the rainbows end
to find not gold but the love of a friend.

kate
20-07-04, 13:20
Yes, I have the same problem too........[:I][:I][:I]

Kate x

Meg
20-07-04, 15:14
When you're anxious , it stimulates you to go . We learn this very quickly and often we then make the association in our mind and the more we acknowledge it as being a corrcet stimulus the more it will do it.

You can help by agreeing with yourself that next time you will ignore it for 10 mins initially then over a few days when your confidence grows 15 mins etc

You need to retrain your minds communication and association signals.

You're doing great - keep it up.

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
Robert Albert Bloch

seh1980
20-07-04, 22:42
hi Jo,

I have the same problem sometime. It's annoying, huh, having to get up when you're snug in bed...

Sarah (seh1980)

sal
21-07-04, 00:30
Hi Jo

Definately think it is anxiety related because i feel like that too.

Remember when i was younger, you probably can to that when you were excited and the addrenalin was running through your body you were dying for the loo.

Guess anxiety been adrenalin has the same affect.

Love Sal xxxxx

jo-jo
21-07-04, 10:31
Hi everyone

Thanks for your advice and as ever, nice to know I'm not alone and that you understand.

Meg - what you are saying is true - on our journey up from Windsor I was telling myself I could stop every two service stations instead of every one and it seemed to work.

Its very true, the more you think about it the more you want to go! I've started reading for a while before I go to sleep to make sure I'm really tired so that I nod off easily without thinking about my bladder too much.

Luckily this doesn't happen all the time, it keeps coming back to haunt me every now and again though. On the plus side, there's much worse symptoms I could have and I'd rather have this than the constant nausea I was suffering at the outset. All in all, things are definately improving, just a few niggles to contend with really :D

Lots of love Jo xxx

Meg
21-07-04, 16:06
Thats good then...

See - you had it all sorted without us at all but its great to get some reassurance .

Meg

Robert Albert Bloch

nomorepanic
21-07-04, 21:08
Hi all

What about Cystitis that is the same feeling isn't it?

Just putting my two-penneth in

Nicola

Meg
21-07-04, 21:15
cystitis is usually nonspecific urinary tract infections which stimulate the bladder sphincter and the urethra and really make you want to go.

No amount of mind over matter can stop it in the early stages of the infection.

Meg

Robert Albert Bloch

HB
27-07-04, 19:40
i too definitely go to the loo more, but i just feel grateful that i dont suffer from water retention like lots of other women and feel bloated all the time, drink lots and keep hydrated!

H

Laurie28
04-08-04, 12:09
When i was really bad i was always on the loo. i constantly needed to pee!! Definetly an anxiety symptom i think.

Even when I think back before anxiety 'got a hold on me' I have always needed to pee in tense situations especially when I am nervous - have any of you went for a job interview and been sitting outside a room waiting to be seen and you get an urgent need to pee - even though you have went about 10 minutes previously - I certainly have!!!!!

Lucky

jo-jo
05-08-04, 20:31
Hi everyone

Thanks so much for your replies and for putting my mind at rest :D

Lucky - yes I know that feeling very well, I had it before all my final exams!

Love Jo xx

Caz Fab Pants
05-08-04, 21:54
Yes I too know that feeling well [:I]

I usually manage to gauge when its just nerves and when I really DO need to go as I only find this happens in certain situations.

I'm like you Jo, in that I find my symptoms seem to evolve which is ok some of the time as you get rid of nasty feelings. However more often than not the departure of one is usually followed by the arrival of something new.

For example a couple of months back I developed a new one which was the feeling that I had a lump in my throat. This has now gone but I now have a new one which is a spaced out feeling (I'm guessing this is the derealisation that people experience!?)

Anyway Jo, glad you dont have any nasty niggles at the mo and glad you are clear about the whole 'pee' thing now :)

Caroline
x