PDA

View Full Version : howdy, y'all

rushie
30-01-14, 14:52
Hello everone. My name's Linda, I'm a married mom of 2 living in Texas. I literally just googled "Zoloft and night sweats" this morning and ended up here.

Long story short I started with a new primary care doc yesterday and told him my long history of dysthymia and social anxiety and he suggested Zoloft. Yesterday was my first day (second attemt, first attemp 20 years ago) and I had mild yet obvious night sweats last night. He wanted to put me on Xanex but I'm currently breast feeding, so he gave me the only med he could find that was safe while nursing.

I've never joined a forum like this, I tend not to discuss my issues because it just seems pointless, as it rarely helps and often just leaves me feeling alienated, but this outlet just might end up being useful. As I find myself now at 38 years old still fighting the same issues I've battled since my youth.

Looking forward to seeing how this goes :)

ray52
30-01-14, 17:14
Hi Linda and :welcome: to the site and forum

Daisy-chains
30-01-14, 20:56
Hi Linda welcome :welcome:

squirrel77
30-01-14, 23:17
Hi linda welcome, I also suffer from anxiety the physical symptoms are the worst, shaking, internal vibrations, twitching and butterflies all the time. I believe alot of it started a year ago but I just ignored the symptoms until I hit rock bottom 2 months ago. Started taking citalopram nearly 2 weeks ago so hoping I will be on the road to recovery, u never expect it to take control of ur life like it does. Any help I can be let me know u are never alone

TooMuchToLiveFor
31-01-14, 02:58
Hey, Linda!

I am also a married mom of two- and I am fairly close to you compared to our many U.K. friends here- I am from Kansas. :)

I started Sertraline (Zoloft) at the beginning of November. I DEFINITELY had the good, ol' night sweats. Glad that part is over. Lol.

Would be very happy to chat, and we can encourage each other. This is a great site with some truly, amazing people. Welcome!

rushie
31-01-14, 13:30
Thanks for the welcomes, guys! It's embarassing, but until someone posted a reply, I started to feel like nobody liked me already! I hate that about myself. It's cool though that this is a place I can share something like that about myself and not be ashamed or nervous that people will judge me.