PDA

View Full Version : Helping myself

WhyWhyWhy
30-01-14, 20:33
I've only been here about a week I think.

In that short time I've been forcing myself to eat breakfast (yuck) I have cut down my caffeine from around 10 cups of coffee a day to 1-2. These past two days I have NOT googled.
I have also quit smoking!!! Hoping that will stick.
I have carried out lots of other silly rituals but I'm feeling 'ok' I'm still wracked with anxiety but I'm not in despair. Today was the first day in weeks and weeks that I havent cried.

I've also been taking 1000mg of evening primrose oil caps a day. And using little distractions and I've been reading nothing works, I like reading that. It soothes me, I can't explain why.

Next step is the Claire weekes book

So thankyou for all your kind words of advice and encouragement this last week or so. I like it here. You've made me feel less crazy, also thankyou for not judging me. Xxx

harasgenster
30-01-14, 20:45
Well done!

That's really good progress in such a short period of time. You're head's obviously in the right place and you've shown such determination. Things are looking good for you! :)

WhyWhyWhy
30-01-14, 20:48
Thanks love :)

I've got to the point where I can't carry on living in a world of despair and worry whilst still caning back the coffee, taking in way too much nicotine and not eating before 3pm. Keep seeing people mention blood sugar, I'm not sure why I think I'm immune :)

Hopefully I'll make better progress without these outside things taking their toll too xxx

Tessar
30-01-14, 21:02
Wow, you really have gone into this head long. U r trying so hard. Best of luck. If u find some of this rather hard work, well, don't be too surprised but keep on trying as it can be an up and down journey but at least u r getting stuck in. I take evening primrose oil. Did u get a headache reducing the caffeine? I cut it out altogether & had the worst headache in my life!

WhyWhyWhy
30-01-14, 22:54
OMG the headaches at first were hellish. Thought I had something wrong with my brain or my eyes .... Typical anxiety ha ha.

Yeah I'm determined to do this. If I can cut out all the outside factors that accentuate anxiety then I can focus on getting rid of it or even coping with it better.

I do think the evening primrose oil helps too. I've read lots of good reviews about it xxxx

NE21 worrier
30-01-14, 22:59
Well done, WhyWhyWhy! Excellent progress :) good to see a positive thread!